News   Jul 26, 2024
 828     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.1K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.8K     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

You would think if people want equality than all Canadian citizens being treated the same as foreigners would be more desirable than saying only foreigners can carry the disease therefore Canadian citizens and permanent residents would myteriously be immune and allowed to land. I referred to the situation in Lebannon when Canadian passport holders, some who were born in Lebannon, owned property and lived there, suddenly pulled out their Canadian passports and demanded to be brought back to Canada. If that isn't an example of prejudice I don't know what is. How does a Canadian passport make you immune to a virus?
The Charter:

Mobility of citizens
  • 6 (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
It's that simple. Whether or not they do carry the disease hardly matters; you can take precautions and impose restrictions but not keep them from coming home. I don't want us to imitate Australia.

Reactions: DSC
Before the 1950's, the "open office" concept was rare. Most office workers worked in an office cut off from the rest. Slowly, the "open office" concept gained acceptance and became the standard... until COVID-19.

opws.jpg

From link.

In 2020-2021, we got into the "pseudo-private" office concept. "Pseudo" because the "office" is at home. Depending upon on the home circumstances, of course. Are there other "office workers" present (spouse, children, grandparents, supervising pets, etc.)?

Oh oh. Have to go now. My supervisor cat is watching me.

The Charter:

Mobility of citizens
  • 6 (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
It's that simple. Whether or not they do carry the disease hardly matters; you can take precautions and impose restrictions but not keep them from coming home. I don't want us to imitate Australia.
Why not? They have practically no COVID, and they are free (most of the time). Of course, there's the island issue, but I think that Australia, if possible, should be imitated. Our half-measures are not going to stop COVID, but they are restricting everybody from going about their business.

The Aussies are apparently major anti-vaxxers too....

As for office design, I started out in a cubicle and then our department boss made the whole place open. Now most people have chosen to work at home for good or just come in a day or two per week when this is all over.

Why not? They have practically no COVID, and they are free (most of the time). Of course, there's the island issue, but I think that Australia, if possible, should be imitated. Our half-measures are not going to stop COVID, but they are restricting everybody from going about their business.

Then perhaps lobby for a Constitutional amendment. Would it be a new wording or simply eliminating the right of mobility?

Assuming we could do a hard lockdown, how long do you think our food supply chain would last? How long do you think our manufacturing would last? Like it or not, we have an integrated economy. If the border was hard-closed, how many people going about their business would have no business to go about to?

What do you say to Canadians who are legitimately in another country but, by virtue of being locked out, might be then illegally in said country?

What would you say to the approximately 6100 people in the Windsor-Essex area the commute to the US, approximately 1300 in healthcare (not counting the US citizens who commute to our side). How would they 'go about their business'?

Ontario is reporting 1,039 cases of #COVID19 today and 1,446 cases reported yesterday.

It will be interesting to see if (or how much) the figures go up by week's end and the Victoria Day partying gets factored in.

Ontario is reporting 1,039 cases of #COVID19 today and 1,446 cases reported yesterday.

It will be interesting to see if (or how much) the figures go up by week's end and the Victoria Day partying gets factored in.

I am thinking around 4000 cases a day by the weeks end and a fourth wave resulting from it.

I am thinking around 4000 cases a day by the weeks end and a fourth wave resulting from it.

With (1 dose) vaccination rates well above 50% (a bit more than 1/2 of that beyond the 14-day period for the 1st dose to be fully effective) that would seem entirely unreasonable as an expectation.

Looking at the numbers, we're finally beginning to see a material, consistent fall off in hospitalizations, as we're now below 1,000 province wide.

ICU numbers remain persistently high, though we are under 700 now.

1621954027580.png

I would hope, and expect those ICU numbers will decline precipitously in the days ahead.

I remember starting school in the early 1990s and having a little yellow immunization record. Without proof of vaccination you could not be enrolled in public school.

I also remember a time from before the food allergy thing. We used to be sent to school with a whole host of snacks, peanut butter sandwiches, etc. It was not until around 1994 that food allergies became a thing.

I also remember a time from before the food allergy thing. We used to be sent to school with a whole host of snacks, peanut butter sandwiches, etc. It was not until around 1994 that food allergies became a thing.
Tell that to the people I knew who grew up in the 50s and 60s with anaphylactic peanut reactions. Fortunately they lived to tell the tale thanks to strict no sharing rules, although there were some visits to the ER.

Last edited:
Tell that to the people I knew who grew up in the 59s and 60s with anaphylactic peanut reactions. Fortunately they lived to tell the tale thanks to strict no sharing rules, although there were some
Visits to the ER.

Maybe it was just the SBE but I do recall they handled things alot differently prior to 1994. Prior to that you simply told kids to avoid the person with the food allergy but could still bring all the same foods.

Last edited:

Back