News   Jul 26, 2024
 814     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.1K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.8K     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I agree, I was hoping they would have a link to the actual report. I also agree that too many people use the allergy excuse, and as someone with family members who have life-threatening reactions, this isn't helpful.

Studies have not consistently found that these interventions lower the risk of allergic reactions or improve quality of life. Some students with food allergy feel safer in classrooms or schools where their food allergens have been prohibited. However, it can be challenging to effectively monitor and promote community adherence to such prohibitions. Some students still bring prohibited foods to school, and there are documented cases of allergic reactions to a food (peanut) occurring in schools where it is prohibited. Several panel members suggested that site-wide food prohibitions and allergen-restricted zones might contribute to reduced vigilance among students or personnel: in cases when allergic reactions to prohibited foods do occur, students or personnel might be less likely to promptly recognize and treat the reaction if they mistakenly believe the foods are not present.

Last edited:
Well......

And this....

Over 2000 D-bags at an illegal car rally. Too bad we couldn't deny them hospital care when one of them gets either sick or loses control and crashes. Let them suffer the consequences for their actions.

Well......

Yes, I know that we are still under a stay-at-home order but we were also under one at Easter and Mothers Day and cases spiked about 5 days after those weekends so it is not unreasonable to expect another after Victoria Day..

And this....

Over 2000 D-bags at an illegal car rally. Too bad we couldn't deny them hospital care when one of them gets either sick or loses control and crashes. Let them suffer the consequences for their actions.

And anyone who smokes, or is obese, or is otherwise reckless with their health?

Studies have not consistently found that these interventions lower the risk of allergic reactions or improve quality of life. Some students with food allergy feel safer in classrooms or schools where their food allergens have been prohibited. However, it can be challenging to effectively monitor and promote community adherence to such prohibitions. Some students still bring prohibited foods to school, and there are documented cases of allergic reactions to a food (peanut) occurring in schools where it is prohibited. Several panel members suggested that site-wide food prohibitions and allergen-restricted zones might contribute to reduced vigilance among students or personnel: in cases when allergic reactions to prohibited foods do occur, students or personnel might be less likely to promptly recognize and treat the reaction if they mistakenly believe the foods are not present.
More kids seem to have lunch at school these days. In the 1950's, I would be going home for my peanut-butter sandwich lunch. That's one problem having larger "centrally" located elementary schools, they tend having to be at school all day long.

Looks like no one wants to call an election right now.
honestly I think if anyone called an election they would be stoned in the streets, people would most like to go to the beach/cottage/restaurant, any politician who thinks now is a good time for an election has been not been listening to people.

I agree, but there has to be some kind of societal/medical/dietary thing going that I don't understand. I went to school from the mid-'50s to late-60's and don't recall a single kid keeling over or swelling up in the cafeteria and don't recall a single peer who professed an allergy (ok, maybe peas or broccoli) . In more recent decades, the number of people with serious allergies seems to have exploded.
There’s a theory that peanut allergies have grown due to breeding the fat content lower in the “nut”; focusing on the protein part of the seed and concentrating it. Peanuts apparently have three different proteins that can cause reactions. As allergies are always an immune reaction to particular proteins, it’s basically weaponized the peanut to those allergic.

That said, legitimate food allergies in general have increased in the past few decades. Whether that’s environmental, greater awareness or the greater chances for those for with severe allergies surviving to the age they can have kids, who knows.

Back