News   May 10, 2024
 2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

There needs to be an Ontario Works tie-in here. If you are on government assistance (other than disability) and caught violating public health guidelines than your assistance should be revoked. It would be an incentive.

That's just my two cents.

So make poor people poorer while grinding the economy to a snail's pace creating even more poverty in the process?

I think $5K and/or 30 days in jail would be sufficient - the most important thing is that you have to publicize a sufficient number of these violations non-anonymously.

AoD

They issued fines that can go up to $100,000 in September.

They issued fines that can go up to $100,000 in September.

I highly, highly doubt any of the fines ended/will end up anywhere near 100K. Personally I would have preferred metting out a short prison sentence/house arrest over fines - the end effect of that type of punishment (i.e. restriction of personal freedom) is the opposite of the inital goal of thumbing one's nose against the law (i.e. circumvention of mild restrictions)

AoD

Last edited:
"Ontario reported another 1,426 cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, setting a new record high for the fourth time in five days."

"For the first time during the current resurgence of the novel coronavirus, Peel Region clocked the most cases at 468, while Toronto had 384 and York Region was at 180, as well as 63 in Durham Region and 62 in Hamilton."

From link.

"Other public health units that recorded double-digit increase in additional cases include:
  • Niagara: 42
  • Waterloo Region: 40
  • Halton Region: 30
  • Ottawa: 28
  • Simcoe Muskoka: 27
  • Middlesex-London: 20
  • Southwestern: 12
  • Windsor: 11"

Yes but these are Canadian cars so it seems like a sketchy loophole. I have been waiting months for something to be approved to cross the border because of restrictions

Surprise, surprise:

What a despicable government.

AoD

I just read this. To think so many people spent so much time blathering about a cancelled contact with a charity and calling it a "scandal." THIS is a true scandal, one that has already caused the deaths of many people and will continue to do so for months. This government has failed in its duty and should resign. Absolutely disgusting.

Yes but these are Canadian cars so it seems like a sketchy loophole. I have been waiting months for something to be approved to cross the border because of restrictions

It is, but the US CPB personnel can only enforce the circumstances they encounter with the authorities they have been given. Hopefully, the folks that just had to get to Florida so badly that they went to these lengths won't get sick and end up part of the 858K cases/17.3K deaths that the state is experiencing.

Surprise, surprise:

What a despicable government.

AoD
And there we go the truth comes out. I have no idea what this provincial government is doing, they've dragged their feet in helping businesses, dragged their feet in helping tenants, dragged their feet in giving clear and definitive restriction guidelines.

It's like they're "trying" to please everyone, and have no idea what they need to target. Sounds like a typical scatterbrain approach a certain individual is used to taking...

And there we go the truth comes out. I have no idea what this provincial government is doing, they've dragged their feet in helping businesses, dragged their feet in helping tenants, dragged their feet in giving clear and definitive restriction guidelines.

It's like they're "trying" to please everyone, and have no idea what they need to target. Sounds like a typical scatterbrain approach a certain individual is used to taking...

It's pretty clear they were trying to do nothing after the 1st lockdown (especially anything that is bad news/affect their already COVID-skeptical base), dump all the responsibilities on the health regions while hoarding cash from the Feds. One look at the fine details in that colour coded scheme and it is evident that it made no sense other than being for show - and guess that expose showed just what happened.

(Un)fortunately the virus don't care about political scheming and posturing. Put up BS policies, and it will show that your policies are BS - like it is doing now.

Would you like some fries with that?

AoD

Last edited:
I’d like to know now daily deaths from all causes in autumn 2019 compare to now. March-June spike aside, is Covid killing more than average deaths from any other year? I wish that stat was included on the Covid trackers.

Back