News   May 10, 2024
 2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.2K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Provincial modelling comes out today.

I’m not understanding why the health team was optimistic last time modelling was released. Any laymen could sense there was no reason for optimism then and that the resulting new health tier system was nonsensical.

I wouldn’t call it a scandal I would call it bad decisions-making and leadership. Tory, Ford, and Trudeau are all complicit in applying three detrimental paradigms to the pandemic fight:

1) Short-term thinking
2) A balanced approach
3) A paradigm of exceptionalism (caring about the exceptional case, a focus on legality, caring about equity and fairness over the greater good)

Why should anyone trust this projection now, when the government has clearly shown the willingness to pretend decisions are evidence-based when it is the contrary?

And @TrickyRicky - this is a scandal - because it is a clear misrepresentation of how the plan came about; it doesn't get more scandalous than when a government went in an arbitrarily modified the limits recommended by their own experts and then passed it off as expert-driven. This is our own version of the sharpie modification of hurricane projection - except inaction due to this modification will lead to (if not already lead to) lost lives.

AoD

Last edited:
Why should anyone trust this projection now, when the government has clearly shown the willingness to pretend decisions are evidence based when it is the contrary?

AoD

Well the last projections were based on strict lock downs that did not happen and that is why we are where we are.

I don't think that's the solution - national standards would help, but at the end of the day what mattered is enforcement of standards.

AoD

I meant that as a first step, the province should take over long-term care homes to eliminate any profit motive. Long-term care should be a public service.

I meant that as a first step, the province should take over long-term care homes to eliminate any profit motive. Long-term care should be a public service.

That would make the board of directors at the for profit establishments upset. Can't have that.

EWj9BXkXsAMvaQd

Won't someone think about the poor board of directors, who only make a quarter of a million dollars per year for a part-time job.

Probably not, but the media made a big deal to publicly call out the maximum fine level as if it was the acctual fine.
I’d like to know now daily deaths from all causes in autumn 2019 compare to now. March-June spike aside, is Covid killing more than average deaths from any other year? I wish that stat was included on the Covid trackers.

StatsCan had the following to say.

It's coming to the point where this is quickly getting out of control. It's not unreasonable to think that exponential growth is just around the corner.

The only saving grace is that the increase is linear at this point - but the fundamental nature is to go exponential, so who knows if it will tip.

AoD

Back