News   Aug 06, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Aug 06, 2024
 991     3 
News   Aug 06, 2024
 561     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

I believe I'll answer that by saying that I doubt any fact or allegation in regards to Rob Ford or George Smitherman. I'm failing in my effort to make the point that people will believe what they want to believe when it comes to politics, or even, any subject matter.

So Peepers, after the election is over, will we see you around Urban Toronto much? Perhaps discussing the latest 1000 footer or your picks for Doors Open...

I can't wait to get UT back.

Hello everyone,

I noticed that today Mr. Smitherman's campaign site has been down quite a lot. Right now the site's dead. Anyone know what's up with that?

I'm tempted to say guerrilla tactics from another camp, but I'll reserve judgment until then :p

I noticed that too. Hopefully it means a flood of people interested in his campaign the day before the election.

So Peepers, after the election is over, will we see you around Urban Toronto much? Perhaps discussing the latest 1000 footer or your picks for Doors Open...

I can't wait to get UT back.

I have been a member for years with over 400 posts - I am not some johnny come lately

This is going to create some headaches for the Smitherman camp in the hours ahead:

http://thestar.blogs.com/thegoods/2...ed-at-smitherman-fundraising-email-snafu.html

Barbara Hall who is like a mother to him (babysits his son) got caught (by the Star of all things!) trying to solicit $30K in donations in an email. As head of the HRTO she is supposed to be neutral. Is this why George wont release his donor list? I wonder if she will lose her cushy high-paid job over this? If so last ride on the Gravy train for her.

That article is five days old. No one cares about an incident wherein someone sent an email from the wrong account.

Also holding a public sector job is not 'riding the gravy train.' Some people actually like to devote their careers to serving the public. People like Hall and David Crombie (who you insulted earlier in this thread) could make a hell of a lot more money in the private sector.

Well, that's about it.
Knocked on hundreds of doors today, wrote a release, planted a sign near a polling station.

Exhausted. Completely exhausted.

Good night, all. We'll make history tomorrow, one way or another.

Thanks Duper. I'm glad it's over too. Tomorrow I'll just sit back, call a bunch of friends to make sure they've voted and then watch the results roll in at 8pm.

BREAKING NEWS: SMITHERMAN ENDORSES ROB FORD FOR MAYOR

http://www.twitvid.com/7IRET

BREAKING NEWS: FORD ENDORSES GEORGE SMITHERMAN FOR MAYOR

BREAKING NEWS: JESUS ENDORSES GEORGE SMITHERMAN FOR MAYOR

BREAKING NEWS: MOHAMMED ENDORSES GEORGE SMITHERMAN FOR MAYOR

BREAKING NEWS: MOSES ENDORSES GEORGE SMITHERMAN FOR MAYOR

i'm sure you can find anyone with the names i mentioned above who supports george smitherman. but to resort to such tactic is an attempt to mislead.

Breaking news: Rob Ford woke me up this morning with his "personal" phone call! I feel so honoured...:p I listened to him, he did mention gravy train. That seals the deal, as I'm sick of taking the TTC subway train. I called him back and asked him if the deal includes cheese curds and fries.

Breaking news: Rob Ford woke me up this morning with his "personal" phone call! I feel so honoured...:p I listened to him, he did mention gravy train. That seals the deal, as I'm sick of taking the TTC subway train. I called him back and asked him if the deal includes cheese curds and fries.

I got that call. Gravy train! boondoggle! ehealth! I also got a call from Smitherman, all it said was your polling station is xyz, please remember to vote.

Both calls pretty much sum up the candidates.

Ford = Anger, everything is wrong, I'm the only one you can trust.

Smitherman = your a citizen of this city, go exercise your right to vote.

Dad always said, "never trust someone who says, Trust me" Dad was right. I wouldn't trust Ford as far as I could throw him.

Back