News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 812     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

So if you vote for Rob Ford, you're a bigot by association.
If you are aware he is a bigot, yes.

Bigotry is one of the most vile character definitions. I can't see how anyone would justify that one should ignore someone's bigotry.

Godwin be damned - it was the decision of a few to ignore such blatant bigotry that got Adolph Hitler elected.

We can't ignore bigotry.

So if you vote for Rob Ford, you're a bigot by association.

If vote for a bigot, you are at very least saying you have no problem with bigotry. I mean, you would ever vote for a child rapist or serial killer, just because they a lot of other ideas you agree with? Someone voting for such doesn't necessarily mean they personally engage in child rape or murder, but they would at least show their indifference to such acts.

Even since Calgary's mayoral election, I actually kind of want Rob Ford to win, just for the lulz. Calgary elects a progressive, pro-urban, visible minority Muslim mayor while Toronto elects a white, xenophobic, right-wing suburban mayor. It would be really funny.

We are just 24 hours away from learning who our next Mayor of Toronto will be !

I hope George Smitherman has his Depends diaper on as the election results flood in after 8:00 PM

Ford is just a despicable person all around. I mean, I seriously can't think of a single positive thing to say about the man. He's basically a Homer Simpson with a mean streak, political ambition, and a powerful, wealthy family to support his narcissistic ventures. He is so undeserving of any kind of title or success that the idea of him becoming the mayor of this great city is has me almost projectile vomiting tears of rage and despair.

We are truly in Opposite Land where the most ironically deplorable outcome is the new normal. And people are OK with it--that's what makes me so sick. I just shudder at what the next few years will be like if this dishonest, ill-tempered, simplistic fool is voted into office. Spaghetti Monster help us all.

I believe the things that have been said about Rob Ford to prove his bigotry may have been implied and exaggerated by the pro George Smitherman crowd. Just as the e-heath scandals have been blown up by the Rob Ford crowd. I don't have all the facts, I never will, the facts have been twisted and buggered. If you think you can vote for either of these two, you've been drinking your own kool-aid.

If you you vote Rob Ford, you're a bigot from the suburbs with no brain.

If you vote George Smitherman, you're a married gay man living downtown with his hipster friends.

Hello everyone,

I noticed that today Mr. Smitherman's campaign site has been down quite a lot. Right now the site's dead. Anyone know what's up with that?

I'm tempted to say guerrilla tactics from another camp, but I'll reserve judgment until then :p

I believe the things that have been said about Rob Ford to prove his bigotry may have been implied and exaggerated by the pro George Smitherman crowd.
What do you mean? Most of that was discussed here before anyone ever thought that Smitherman ... or even Ford ... would run for mayor.

He is clearly a bigot ... do you question that?

The funny thing is Rob Ford is actually MORE LIBERAL than Barack Obama on the subject of Gay Marriage

Rob Ford in his own words:
"“I support traditional marriage. I always have,” Ford said. “But if people want to....to each their own. I’m not worried about what people do in their private life. I look out for taxpayers’ money.”

Rob Ford has described himself as a Red Tory "fiscally conservative but socially Liberal" When it comes to social issues he is very much a live and let live type of guy.

Back