News   Jul 29, 2024
 107     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Does anyone have a list of (or link to) upcoming municipal debates, mayoral or otherwise?

I've always found this incredibly frustrating, that there is no website that lists ALL the debates in this election. It seems like they happen almost on a daily basis, and I hear about maybe 1 per week just because I happen to come across something written online. Why isn't there some sort of compendium of candidates debates?? It could help with public engagement if people actually KNEW when the debates were. :mad:

CityTV Live Debate Poll

It isn't scientific but it's encouraging (for the anti-Ford crowd)

Rob Ford (12%)
Joe Pantalone (11%)
Rocco Rossi (35%)
George Smitherman (41%)
Undecided (1%)

If the election really shifted to a Rossi Vs Smitherman contest, I'd be going into Oct 25 more relieved.

I'd probably argue this isn't a very reliable representation of the city, you ask why?
Simple, these people watched the debate, that's not the majority, that's the minority of folks.

I'd probably argue this isn't a very reliable representation of the city, you ask why?
Simple, these people watched the debate, that's not the majority, that's the minority of folks.

Exactly. The people watching the debate are the people that are engaged with civic politics. There is a very strong correlation between civic engagement and being aware of the downsides of Rob Ford.

Ford depends on ignorance. The ignorant don't watch televised debates.

Just watched most of the August 17th debate ... didn't get a chance before.

By far and large, the most competent of them all, on all accounts, is Rossi (this applies to other debates as well).

It's really sad how incompetent Ford is, or at the very least how he comes off - it is in some ways embarrassing - it's almost like someone wrote 2 or 3 points down (Smitherman - eHealth / councilors expenses .. so on, so forth) and that's all he can say / bring up - really no matter what the debate or question at hand is.

A Nanos poll will be coming out either tomorrow or Wednesday. Ford continues on top, Smitherman still has a gap to cross. Rossi is up, Joe is down.

A Nanos poll will be coming out either tomorrow or Wednesday. Ford continues on top, Smitherman still has a gap to cross. Rossi is up, Joe is down.

I wish Pantalone would drop out and give us a chance. Looks very unlikely that he will though.

The media embargos for polls are the dumbest thing ever - everyone seems to know the results three or four days before it comes out, which means by the time the numbers are available the polls already a week and a half old and things have shifted.

I'm not in the media, just a volunteer of one campaign. I didn't see the numbers, just was told what I posted above. I too am curious to see the exact numbers.

So, today is the day when signs start to appear?

At least any candidate that dropped out prior to today is not confusing the "market" by having signs out there for a "retired" candidacy! As others pointed out the name still appears on the ballet but, at least, there will be no signs for that candidate all over the city.

Makes you wonder, however, why the "signs up" date and the "name off the ballot" date do not co-incide?

Back