News   Jul 23, 2024
 478     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 540     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.5K     3 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

One retail (or resto) is soon to be opened in Heartland. It's called "Wok Box". From what I hear, it's some Asian food franchise based in Alberta... Probably a rival to Manchu Wok or perhaps Spring Rolls.

New restaurant on Enfield Place across the street from Kariya Park. This one might have a chance being that more people are moving into the area; the menu looks promising...there is going to be an outdoor patio.

http://www.earthmississauga.com/Home/tabid/13044/Default.aspx

20101016005.jpg

20101016004.jpg

Last edited:
^ The building is just ugly and oppressive looking. It's no surprise businesses fail there.

Looks like the interior is all done already. Looks good. I always liked the interior of the place, even when it was a Lone Star.

^ It is seems that every year there is new restaurant at that location. They always seem to fail.

Prior to Earth opening at 1055 Yonge in Toronto, the location had something like 7 restaurants in 10 years. Seems like they are attracted to bad-luck locations! I do recommend Earth if you need a place to eat in Rosedale. I have had several enjoyable lunches there.

It looks cool, but the Square 1 area doesn't strike me as the area for upscale organic dining. The office market is quite soft and lacks a Platinum Card lunch crowd, evenings are more about family theatre dining.
There is a lot of serious competition in the market, and surely more to come as they develop the lands around the mall. It looks cool and I wish them well, but I don't give them long. I really hope I am wrong. The should have gone to Oakville or Port Credit.

From what I hear the new Oceans at 10/Eglinton sux. The inside is apparently very dark, prices are higher than T&T and the hot food portions are smaller than T&T's (but the taste is good). Stick to T&T (more hot food) or Yuan Ming (mostly cheaper regular groceries). If you want baked goods stick with Dong Khanh on Dundas. T&T baked goods are better much than the store within Yuan Ming but not as good as Dong Khanh. T&T is the best for one stop shopping for everything possible. Oceans isn't so great.

there will definitely be more Panera's added in the GTA. Not sure where, but they have a lot invested in the Toronto market.

The next US chain that needs to set up in Toronto is Five Guys Burgers and Fries....

They've begun expanding into Ontario. Not sure if it's a master franchisee agreement or individual franchisees. Chili's recently opened its first location in Vaughan too!

I would think if Five Guys had setup in Ontario, they would have this on their website. There's no mention that I can find.

Back