News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 392     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 981     1 

Hyatt Regency Toronto Airport (Regal Constellation site)

when is the next stage of the demo gonna happen ??? its been like this for a few months now :confused: , i wonder what are they waiting for ??

good job on posting the photos :)

A few years ago this hotel had a real Lockheed Constellation out front. Mounted on a concrete spire; it had a walkway connection to the hotel. The inside was a cocktail lounge. Too bad it was out of the way for me. It could have been a real 'Rat Pack' type place.

Sad. I'm going to miss this one. In my youth, I grew accustomed to seeing it every time we went to the airport. I always thought it had a "Jetson's" look to it.

just an update , as i drive past the regal every day when going to work.
the building on the left in this picture is now fully gone !!! flat out land now
regal7forweb.jpg

Hyatt Regency proposal in trouble?

Sagecrest II LLC, the mother company of the local subsidiary that bought the Regal Constellation, has filed for bankruptcy in Connecticut.

The (very) long list of creditors includes Terrasan, the company currently doing demolition at the site, as well as the Canadian Revenue Agency.

I'm not entirely sure how this news will affect the Merchant Equity Group/Sagecrest partnership, but I imagine the Hyatt proposal is now in serious doubt.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a3fdUPy_SIf4&refer=home

http://www.finalternatives.com/node/5270

can't say I particularly like the building, but it would be nice if they kept the tower (not the short slab buildings though) given it demostrates the architectural style reflectively of 'futuristic' design in the 60s

Sagecrest II LLC, the mother company of the local subsidiary that bought the Regal Constellation, has filed for bankruptcy in Connecticut.

The (very) long list of creditors includes Terrasan, the company currently doing demolition at the site, as well as the Canadian Revenue Agency.

I'm not entirely sure how this news will affect the Merchant Equity Group/Sagecrest partnership, but I imagine the Hyatt proposal is now in serious doubt.

Well, the cheese grater is saved from the wrecker's ball at least temporarily...

^^True enough about The Standard Hotel! I stayed there a few years ago, when I was in LA- a great place saved and really well done too! The Constellation would have made a great retro, boutique hotel, but alas, there was no money, nor did the people involved feel that it was worth the investment to repair (supposedly quite bad, I have heard).

I would love to go inside sometime though- is anyone up for that, especially before it is completely gone??

p5

^^True enough about The Standard Hotel! I stayed there a few years ago, when I was in LA- a great place saved and really well done too! The Constellation would have made a great retro, boutique hotel, but alas, there was no money, nor did the people involved feel that it was worth the investment to repair (supposedly quite bad, I have heard).

I would love to go inside sometime though- is anyone up for that, especially before it is completely gone??

p5

You do realize it's illegal to do that right? Not to mention dangerous.

Yes, I realize that...but I have done things like this before and I would take the necessary precautions. First, stun the guards with Neurosypo gas and then enter the building naked, nothing says camouflage like 'beein nekkit'. Also, I plan on making sure I have a police uniform in order to bypass their attempts to arrest me for trespassing- I will just say, I live here and tell them something terribly bad has happened to the hotel, maybe an earthquake ripped it apart?

p5

Add all that up and the trespassing moves from the realm of illegality to that of a royal command performance.

Godspeed p5connex.

Back