News   Jul 16, 2024
 426     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 536     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

No kidding. That would actually be quite useful! Haha... Bypass the downtown congestion, and then serve the smaller communities in the 905. It wouldn't be too far off from the concept of Ottawa's Transitway, just with rails instead of a dedicated bus road.

So why wouldn't we just implement RER and drop passengers off at a station bus loop, instead of making these crazy things?

Perfectly valid point.

"Production of Ambi-Bus vehicles is expected to begin in summer 2015, with the first of 300 vehicles in operation by April 2016"

The biggest joke of this entire thing.

No way Metrolinx/GO would announce something and have it completed in a years time.

It should say "Studies will begin summer 2016, with a report by Summer 2017, and a completion deadline of 2030, the second phase of the Big Move"

Ha @ that hybrid lol

No foolin here, that's glass in the station-bridge (JamesNorth Hamilton)

76A12AC0-D931-4339-9B06-9EC9F16EF0EA_zpspkfpt4af.jpg

And the platform is coming along

B8C8CC50-9338-43CB-A47C-4E4CA7F8858F_zpseuuyvlwk.jpg

taken by me today

"Production of Ambi-Bus vehicles is expected to begin in summer 2015, with the first of 300 vehicles in operation by April 2016"

The biggest joke of this entire thing.

No way Metrolinx/GO would announce something and have it completed in a years time.

It should say "Studies will begin summer 2016, with a report by Summer 2017, and a completion deadline of 2030, the second phase of the Big Move, subject to funding from the Province." So more like 2040.

Just added a bit more.

It's too bad that this is a joke:

I liked it when April Fools jokes were off the cuff, spontaneous believable stories, and not this pre-planned by committee, fake, and forced joke crap. This is just a waste of everyone's time.

I liked it when April Fools jokes were off the cuff, spontaneous believable stories, and not this pre-planned by committee, fake, and forced joke crap. This is just a waste of everyone's time.

I think some companies (WestJet comes to mind) do a really good job of it....mostly because the ideas they come up with are so completely nuts that once you have a laugh you know it is not possible.....for GO to put this on their web site seems really forced (as you say) and I would imagine the vast majority of people would actually believe it.

As a test, I sent the link to 5 GO commuters in my office......3 ignored it and 2 actually asked when does this go into service because it sounds really cool. No one, however, is asking when those cool airport lounge seats that roll into the planes are going to be available.

Because we all know and accept that air travel only gets worse. Not better. Improvement is simply inconceivable!

Honestly, I am not the most travelled/travelling guy (10 - 12 flights a year) but that is not my experience. My flying experiences, in the whole, are pretty good.

Was by the Exhibition GO Station today and still can't believe after 3 year this station is still not done.

They have up steel for the north stair and elevator, as well taken the west platform out of service and shift everything east to a new temporarily platform.

They have also taken the eastbound west section out of service and shift it east like the west.

Will be in Burlington on Thursday and wondering what I will see since my Feb visit, as my March meeting was cancel. Have yet to make my way to Clarkson as plan.

According to this page, the new Hamilton GO station will be called "West Harbour", is it something new or was it always planned to be called this way?

Back