News   Jul 16, 2024
 364     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 469     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

GO Transit no longer believes in escalators; otherwise this would be a good station for them. Yeah, those stairways don't look like a fun climb.

Do you know if VIA platforms will have escalators? I'd hope so considering people will be carrying luggage.

GO Will be running hourly trains on the weekends between April and June at various times for track work and this is why for a few of them.

The following temporary road closures necessary
for GO Transit to complete the removal and replacement of track material and
reconstruction of the railway crossings at:
1. Stavebank Road- commencing at 8:00p.m. on Thursday, April2, 2015 and
ending at 5:00a.m. on Monday, April6, 2015, followed by a secondary closure
commencing at 8:00p.m. on Friday, May 15,2015 and ending at 5:00a.m. on
Tuesday, May 19, 2015.
2. Clarkson Road- commencing at 8:00p.m. on Friday, April24, 2015 and ending
at 5:00a.m. on Monday, April27, 2015.
3. Ogden Avenue- commencing at 8:00p.m. on Friday, June 19, 2015 and ending at
5:00a.m. on Monday, June 22, 2015.

Not technically a GO Construction project, but will affect GO Train service in Kitchener. In mid-April, King between Victoria and Moore will be shut down to complete the a grade separation of King Street and the railway. Shut down for 18 months. Rail bridge above road and LRT tracks.

Not technically a GO Construction project, but will affect GO Train service in Kitchener. In mid-April, King between Victoria and Moore will be shut down to complete the a grade separation of King Street and the railway. Shut down for 18 months. Rail bridge above road and LRT tracks.

Note: this work will accommodate the new King/Victoria transit terminal. Thread here.

Work has also started on the New Creditview Road grade separation immediately west of Mount Pleasant; I saw crews laying diversion track. I hope Mississauga Road will soon follow.

EA planning for the grade separation and widening of Mississauga Road between Bovaird and Mayfield is ongoing. Here are some boards.

Once both of those are complete, the remaining at-grade roads on the Kitchener line between Union and Georgetown GO will be (from east to west):

* Scarboro Street (Mississauga)
* Torbram Road (Mississauga; in planning/design)
* John Street (Brampton)
* Mill Street (Brampton)
* Heritage Road (Brampton)
* Winston Churchill Boulevard (Halton Hills)

Last edited:
Construction work on the Torbram Road grade seperations has already started. Dufferin Construction is performing the work and according to the signs posted along the road completion is scheduled for 2017.

Dufferin's bid amount for the project was $66, 756, 213.

Last edited:
Construction work on the Torbram Road grade seperations has already started. Dufferin Construction is performing the work and according to the signs posted along the road completion is scheduled for 2017.

Dufferin's bid amount for the project was $66, 756, 213.
They change the date already?? I was up there in Feb and it said 2016. That was for KW line, and no idea is for CN one. Maybe 2017 is for CN.

Given what plan for here, 2017 sounds right.

Still no word why Scarboro not underway now.

More on John to happen this year for the EA on it.

Don't think you will see a grade separation for Mills. If so, a lot of streets will be close off to it.

I have no idea about the others, since its a blue moon for me to get to them in the first place.

Still no word why Scarboro not underway now.

More on John to happen this year for the EA on it.

Don't think you will see a grade separation for Mills. If so, a lot of streets will be close off to it.

I have no idea about the others, since its a blue moon for me to get to them in the first place.

Scarboro seems to just be a residential access street. I'd be surprised if they don't close it entirely.

I agree Mill won't be touched, it would be prohibitively expensive unless it is somehow wrapped into the addition of a 3rd track.

Heritage and Winston Churchill are rural, I doubt it will be contemplated for years what to do with them.

Scarboro seems to just be a residential access street. I'd be surprised if they don't close it entirely.

I agree Mill won't be touched, it would be prohibitively expensive unless it is somehow wrapped into the addition of a 3rd track.

Heritage and Winston Churchill are rural, I doubt it will be contemplated for years what to do with them.

I know there was concern that they would be no pedestrian access if no tunnel or underpass was built for them do the length of walk around to get to Airport Rd compare to a short drive by the car.

The last I remember hearing, this crossing will be grade separated and was to see work back in 2013/14. If it is not, a tunnel will be place there for cycles and pedestrians. The city is good saying one thing and then do something different at a later date with this being one of them.

Back