965     1 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 738     0 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 573     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Map of Parler users in North America:

4m64bspnjua61.png

There are many interesting observations with the map.

There are no Parler users in London or Owen Sound in Ontario, but Petawawa is quite a hotspot.
I lived in Petawawa at the base for 4 years in the sixties. It's a large base with a lot of army retirees choosing to settle there.

Because others have systematically incited and organized a putsch with the end goal of overturning a democratically elected government by illegal and violent means, right? Are we still playing this false equivalency game?
We should avoid false equivalencies and whataboutisms - instead we should expect social media and server providers to monitor and moderate regardless of the posters' political bent. When Black Lives Matter militants set fire to a police station in Portland, the protest was organized and promoted on social media - should Twitter and Facebook be held liable that leaders of the protests that led to the fires used their platforms to organize the protests?

Last edited:
When Black Lives Matter militants set fire to a police station in Portland, the protest was organized and promoted on social media - should Twitter and Facebook be held liable that leaders of the protests that led to the fires used their platforms to organize the protests?

The double standard is beyond galling and the reactions to pointing this out even more so.

"Peaceful protests" when it fits the preferred narrative of those wielding the power of communications and propaganda.

I don't think the technogopolies should be allowed to set the moral standard here.

We should avoid false equivalencies and whataboutisms - instead we should expect social media and server providers to monitor and moderate regardless of the posters' political bent. When Black Lives Matter militants set fire to a police station in Portland, the protest was organized and promoted on social media.

They are under no obligation to be "fair" - it is a private service - and the events last week demonstrated that any talk of fairness is BS. One side is garden variety protest with a tinge of stochastic violence; the other is an organized putsch with calls for political assassination by groups and individuals with large amounts of arms. You simply cannot equate the severity and demand "fairness". Apples are not oranges. Peaceful transfer of power is one of the most sacred (and I don't use that word lightly), fundamental principles of a democratic state - any activity with the end goal of encouraging the interruption and subversion of this process through violent means is an order of crime far beyond anything else. It is striking at the very foundation of a country - with incalculable potential damage. Anyone who encouraged, aided and participated in these acts should not be given any quarters - nor should we ever accept any attempt to equivocate those actions with civil disobedience.

And if you *really* want to be fair, we should be talking about the government response and show of force (recall the tear-gassing of peaceful protesters vs. do nothing for a bunch of armed thugs last week). Tell me, what would have happened if BLM protesters (nevermind a bunch not decked out in armored gear and weapons) decided to storm the Capitol? Lest I remind you - unlike social media companies - the government is required to act fairly.

AoD

Last edited:
I feel like we need to pause this discussion momentarily to laud AoD's fine use of language.

From AoD; today's word of the day, Stochastic

For those unfamiliar with the word; a definition courtesy Wikipedia.

Stochastic (from Greek στόχος (stókhos) 'aim, guess'[1]) refers to the property of being well described by a random probability distribution.[1] Although stochasticity and randomness are distinct in that the former refers to a modeling approach and the latter refers to phenomena itself, these two terms are often used synonymously. Furthermore, in probability theory, the formal concept of a stochastic process is also referred to as a random process

Edit to Add, I really do like to see the language used with precision and finesse. I don't get to see the word stochastic used properly in a sentence very often!

I have to say, AoD inspired me to google and see if I could find other people using the word in a sentence outside of scholarly prose.

I was amused to see that one of the top search results, featured Donald Trump.

Movers seen at White House week ahead of Biden arrival

From link.

A moving truck loaded with packing boxes was photographed arriving at the White House on Wednesday afternoon ahead of the House vote to impeach President Trump for a second time.

Four movers were seen unloading pallets of flatpack cardboard boxes outside the Executive Office Building on the White House grounds as the Trump family prepares to leave the executive residence and decamp to Florida.

Furious preparations are underway with just one week until President-elect Joe Biden takes the oath of office and moves into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. on Jan. 20.

The commander-in-chief and first lady Melania Trump officially ditched New York and made the Sunshine State their primary residence in September 2019, trading Manhattan’s Trump Tower for their sun-drenched Mar-a-Lago Club in West Palm Beach.

A source close to the couple told Page Six last month that the pair are looking at luxury homes in Palm Beach and private schools in the area for their son, Barron Trump, 14.
Earlier Wednesday, The Post revealed that Donald Trump Jr. and girlfriend Kimberley Guilfoyle are also house-hunting in Florida, following in the footsteps of Ivanka Trump and husband Jared Kushner, who just bought a $30 million lot outside Miami.

The Bidens are also gearing up for their move back to the nation’s capitol, with the White House reportedly shelling out $44,000 to deep-clean its carpets before their arrival.

Trump has confirmed he will not attend Biden’s inauguration next week, breaking with decades of tradition as he continues to dispute the outcome of the presidential election.

There have been multiple reports that he will quietly slip out of Washington on Jan. 19, the day before Biden is sworn in on the steps of the US Capitol.

USA-TRUMP_-1-1.jpg

Movers taking boxes out of a truck at the White House today.

Back