News   Jul 16, 2024
 364     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 469     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Technically yes, but I can see why they won't do it. Having to close the mall up is bad enough (though the pandemic is a good justification).

AoD

With the range, capacity and power of some weapons available in the US they should have Kamala Harris far away from Washington during this whole situation.

They should also have the inauguration onboard Air Force One.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Waaaait.....were you being serious? 🤨

People can get them onboard a plane as well.
Maybe they should have the inauguration in space! Aboard the ISS.

Air Force One is the safest place to do it.

If the protestors want to disrupt the inauguration by force there will be no way to prevent the president from being sworn in on Air Force One short of surface to air missiles or fighter jets. If the protestors have either one of those we have bigger issues.

If the protestors want to disrupt the inauguration by force there will be no way to prevent the president from being sworn in on Air Force One short of surface to air missiles or fighter jets. If the protestors have either one of those we have bigger issues.

They could easily have someone aboard the plane....but anyway, that's all a bit high-octane drama.

The minute you start making concessions is the minute you've lost the game. They should have it as normal and make sure security is legit.

They could easily have someone aboard the plane....but anyway, that's all a bit high-octane drama.

The minute you start making concessions is the minute you've lost the game. They should have it as normal and make sure security is legit.

The problem is that in the US everyone has easy access to rifles and hire powered weapons. If you wanted a heavily armed insurrection you could very easily have one.

The US is a powder keg. It is populated by more than a few low educated, gun loving patriotic hicks who believe whatever they are told. Right now they are being told that by Trump there is an insane amount of fraud, that the election was rigged and that he is legitimately the president.

This has been playing out since the 1990s when David Koresh tried to tell his followers that the US Government was bringing about armageddon. He used the Waco siege as part of his "prophecy" which led to a very messy situation. It even inspired Timothy McVeigh to blow up the federal building in Oklahoma City.

Trump has created a cult and people would quite literally die for him.

"Following the assassination of John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson is sworn in as president of the United States aboard Air Force One."

History_Speeches_1099_Johnson_Takes_Office_Air_Force_one_SF_still_624x352.jpg

From link.

He was sworn in the same day Kennedy was killed. It’s not like they had time to organize anything.

This is true. It leads me to my earlier point however in that I wonder if given the current security situation they will keep Kamala Harris out of Washington for the day.

Usually during these sorts of events they have a designated survivor who is kept at an undisclosed location. Given it is inauguration day and nobody has been formally nominated yet that leaves Nancy Pelosi or Kamala Harris as the designated survivor.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Waaaait.....were you being serious? 🤨

People can get them onboard a plane as well.
Maybe they should have the inauguration in space! Aboard the ISS.
Mount Weather.

Seriously, a functioning democracy (not convinced the US is one anymore but lets go with it) needs to transition its representative power in public, or at least visible to it via video. If it is done in secret, those that chose to disrupt democracy win a victory. Ya gotta know the joint security task force is working late nights, going through lots of coffee and will have some seriously disrupted sleep until Wednesday. The site will make the G20 security look like summer camp.

Mount Weather.

Seriously, a functioning democracy (not convinced the US is one anymore but lets go with it) needs to transition its representative power in public, or at least visible to it via video. If it is done in secret, those that chose to disrupt democracy win a victory. Ya gotta know the joint security task force is working late nights, going through lots of coffee and will have some seriously disrupted sleep until Wednesday. The site will make the G20 security look like summer camp.

I wonder if they will invoke the insurrection act in order to utilize military equipment in DC.

I wonder if they will invoke the insurrection act in order to utilize military equipment in DC.

The way I read the statute, a few points:

The President must declare a proclamation ordering 'the insurrection' to disperse. I don't see anything that says it can be done preemptively. Besides, the current President probably doesn't care (he'll be golfing or unpacking whatever he stole from the WH) and the incumbent doesn't yet have the authority.
The DC National Guard is under the direct authority of the President (Pence called them out for last week) and is already deployed. I think Maryland NG is there as well, under the authority of their Governor.
I don't see anything specific about equipment. If there is authority to activate troops, you ask for the boys, they bring their toys.

Back