News   Aug 15, 2024
 350     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 537     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 681     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Quite a few of my American friends were doing just that (and posting about it). Same thing happened when Trump won, but they didn't move.

I agree, I just thought it was an interesting tid-bit. Apparently this happens, to greater or lesser degrees, just about every election cycle, which strikes me as a reflection of the hyper-partisan nature of US politics; 'if 'we' don't win, I'm taking my ball and leaving'.

My colleague’s big issue was school cost, as they wanted a private school.

I wonder if that is a particular desire for private education (for whatever reason - parochial, etc.) or a reflection on how public education is viewed in many parts of the US.

As long as you have a sustainable job, I'd actually consider Buffalo to be a pretty livable mid-sized city. It has a college/university town vibe, being home to several post-secondary institutions. Certain neighbourhoods draw parallels to ours. I've found Elmwood Village comparable to the Annex, and Allentown similar to the Junction or Leslieville. If you're an industrial heritage enthusiast like me, you'd enjoy it for their former warehouses and other structures like Silo City. Decent craft beer scene as well.

Although, I'd say there can be a very noticeable emptiness and lack of vibrancy to some parts the city. I've never felt unsafe being there, but it's common to walk or drive around and have entire blocks to devoid of street life. Especially in their actual downtown core during weekends. Seeing their demographic and population patterns through the years, it's not entirely surprising. They've been steadily losing population through recent decades. Even at a smaller increment within 2010-2019. So overall even though they've made improvements to their general public realm, they still have trouble drawing substantial new investments and attractive job markets.

So, apparently, on Sept 23 (I'm just seeing this in a report now)........2 Orange County California deputies had a confrontation with a Black, homeless man, over jaywalking.

They shot him; he's dead.

Just...............

No, I got nothing..........

Sigh.

I wonder if that is a particular desire for private education (for whatever reason - parochial, etc.) or a reflection on how public education is viewed in many parts of the US.
She said the local school in her neighbourhood was terrible. She is/was a Trump supporter and wanted to be able to take her property tax's education component and go to whatever school choice she wants.

On a less serious; if entirely fitting note when considering Donald Trump's America.

This sign, in a University of Alabama elevator:

1601568248473.png

She said the local school in her neighbourhood was terrible. She is/was a Trump supporter and wanted to be able to take her property tax's education component and go to whatever school choice she wants.

That's like my friend down in Baton Rouge. She insists on sending her kid to private school, is a die-hard 2nd amendment republic and even is adamant about partying with her friends (mid-sized parties with multiple people). She even posted a photo of herself unmasked at a LSU football game hugging her mother (and was damn proud of it).

That's like my friend down in Baton Rouge. She insists on sending her kid to private school, is a die-hard 2nd amendment republic and even is adamant about partying with her friends (mid-sized parties with multiple people). She even posted a photo of herself unmasked at a LSU football game hugging her mother (and was damn proud of it).
Y'know...with a parental role model like that, I shudder for her kid.

Or it's like said kid serves no real purpose except as protoplasmic bling, or as an ego-trip emblem of her fertility.

Y'know...with a parental role model like that, I shudder for her kid.

Or it's like said kid serves no real purpose except as protoplasmic bling, or as an ego-trip emblem of her fertility.

Yeaaa oddly enough she's originally from Tampa Bay. She also works as a receptionist/intake worker for a pregnancy hospital.

We haven't been speaking much recently because I told her off over her antics. She was more concerned about getting her hair and nails done than she was about covid.

Yeaaa oddly enough she's originally from Tampa Bay. She also works as a receptionist/intake worker for a pregnancy hospital.

We haven't been speaking much recently because I told her off over her antics. She was more concerned about getting her hair and nails done than she was about covid.
Your friend and her child must be over the moon when the Tampa Bay Rays beat our Blue Jays and the Tampa Bay Lightning win the Stanley Cup.

Well now...

EDIT:

Trump is now in quarantine.

Last edited:

Back