Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Hi Probey. Thanks for the input!
I too am a big fan of the bar area.
I really love the whole Emerald City Project, I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

Cheers.
Alex

congrats alex on the purchase, bluebell is the same unit i bought. I too agree with all of what probey mentioned (pros and cons) and the only other thing that made me think twice was the size of the master bedroom being a little on the small side. but being a fan of windows and larger living/dining space i must say i'm quite happy with the floorplan. as for pricing from what i know the purchase prices have been pretty much the same for quite awhile now, and they have just slowly started to cut down on how much of a cash back rebate you're getting on closing. in dec the incentive was still 10k.

in terms of pricing for phase 1 vs phase 2 its hard to say, as many on this forum would probably argue for stay-the-same, if not lower prices for newer condo releases because of the general increase in inventory of condo releases this year. however based on the market so far, and the success of phase 1, i wouldn't hold my breath for this and from what i generally see looking at condo developments phase 2 floorplans for developments are usually a bit smaller and generally not as attractive as phase 1 floorplans, which in most cases i've seen are better to perhaps attract a bit more attention especially for master planned communities (this is all very subjective though). if you like what you see now, i say buy now rather than gamble waiting for a possible smaller and less attractive unit just to save a couple of bucks, esp if you plan to live there for awhile.

Last edited:
Hi Ek,

Thanks for the reply. Those were my thoughts as well and I am going to be purchasing. I like the unit a lot and don't want to risk it. That being said, it's going to be very interesting to see what the introductory prices will be for phase 2.

i am 22 and i was looking into purchasing my first condo from Emerald city, but i am stuck between the two layouts Bluebell and Flora anyone have a constructive comparison on the layouts to help sway my decision from one suite to the other or vice versa. Thanks in advance

Jordan

Last edited:
Looks like Phase one completion has been moved from Dec. 2011, to June 2012. I spoke to the sales rep today, notices should be going out in the mail.

Thanks for the update. Last year, the sale rep told me the same thing. The builder just makes it official now.
Looks like Phase one completion has been moved from Dec. 2011, to June 2012. I spoke to the sales rep today, notices should be going out in the mail.

When they say completion, that means the entire tower will be done by then or will just people on lower floors start moving in?

I ask because I purchased on the top floor.

I believe (but I could be wrong), that completion refers to the date when the first wave of people will be moving in on the lower floors, top floors will be a few months later, fairly close to actual closing.

Exactly. In fact it CAN be a positive because during occupancy but before closing you pay an interm occupancy fee, which is essentially like rent up until closing. Only after closing do you actually own the property and thus start paying off the principal. So if you live on the higher floors you move in later and wont have to "waste" rent. You're in the same situation as I, i just moved to 32, it's going to be a long way down from that balcony.

Did anyone get the notice yet? Did they start to send out the notice yet? I haven't gotten anything.

I didn't get any form of notice from the builder too. But I did talk to Karen and know that it is going to be posponed to June 2012. I also viewed a condo website about Emerald City phase 1 and saw the updated date as well, but I forgot the URL, the name was something like highlife or highlive :S

Daisy suite

Hi all,

I purchased the Daisy unit... It is similar to the Begonia unit, the only difference being is the northwest corner of the unit is window instead of a wall. There are only 3 Daisy units in the whole building. It is facing northwest. Below are the floorplans for both the Daisy and Begonia. Do you think the value will increase significantly by closing?

From reading the posts and research, I am a bit turned off by the rental units and the residents that will remain in rental units... I was expecting a good balance of mixed income families living in the area, especially in such close proximity to the condo... Unfortunately, tenants of these rental units are not exactly ideal neighbours... Sorry! I was told at the sales office in Oct. 2008 (when they first opened) that the Y shaped buildings would be demolished. And now I am just finding out that additional rental units are being built!

Depending on how things look in the next 2 years, I may consider selling it instead of moving in...

All comments are welcomed!

daisy.pdf

begonia.pdf

Hi all,

I purchased the Daisy unit... It is similar to the Begonia unit, the only difference being is the northwest corner of the unit is window instead of a wall. There are only 3 Daisy units in the whole building. It is facing northwest. Below are the floorplans for both the Daisy and Begonia. Do you think the value will increase significantly by closing?

From reading the posts and research, I am a bit turned off by the rental units and the residents that will remain in rental units... I was expecting a good balance of mixed income families living in the area, especially in such close proximity to the condo... Unfortunately, tenants of these rental units are not exactly ideal neighbours... Sorry! I was told at the sales office in Oct. 2008 (when they first opened) that the Y shaped buildings would be demolished. And now I am just finding out that additional rental units are being built!

Depending on how things look in the next 2 years, I may consider selling it instead of moving in...

All comments are welcomed!

daisy.pdf

begonia.pdf

Hello, the Y shaped buildings are staying, and the shorter, dark brown buildings will be replaced by the 2 new buildings. Overall, there is no change in terms of the number of rental units.

The value of the units there may not sky rocket like the ones in downtown, I believe the value will go up at a rather moderate pace.

Yes, I agree with you that rental units are less than ideal neighbours, but things might change when the entire community is finished, with more towers and townhouses. Let's see how things might turn out in the upcoming years, time will tell.

Cheers :D

Last edited:

Back