Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

I'm in the 10 day cooling period for a 2BR+Media here and was wondering if anybody could suggest a good real estate lawyer to look over my documents? Preferably one that has already dealt with ELAD and this particular project. Thanks!

Eric

nope, they have quite a few 2 BR's left on the lower floors. The 1 BRs seem to be all gone. I'd say about 85% sold or so. Also managed to swing a free locker on top of the 15 k incentive for the 2 BRs.

I'm in the 10 day cooling period for a 2BR+Media here and was wondering if anybody could suggest a good real estate lawyer to look over my documents? Preferably one that has already dealt with ELAD and this particular project. Thanks!

Eric
Hi Eric, I should have sent you a reply earlier but I was away for a 3-week vacation. My lawyer spent quite some time reviewing all the documents. I was able to make a few amendments to the contract. If you still need a lawyer, I will send you his contact number.

Thanks, but I've already got in touch with a lawyer. Got a bit of an extension on the cooling period because of the holidays and all, so I was wondering what kind of amendments were you able to get done? Also how did the HST implications pan out for you (not sure if you purchased before or after the deadline).

negotiate price?

Hi emerald city condo buyers.

just wanted to know if anyone of you got discounts off when buying a unit? i understand some of us got discounts as a promotion but did anyone manage to negotiate the price down to what you wanted to pay? Please let me know if this works as i'm trying to save some money when buying my unit.

also, did anyone manage to negotiate the locker room or an extra parking space to be included in the purchase price? is this possible?

thanks.

Hi emerald city condo buyers.

just wanted to know if anyone of you got discounts off when buying a unit? i understand some of us got discounts as a promotion but did anyone manage to negotiate the price down to what you wanted to pay? Please let me know if this works as i'm trying to save some money when buying my unit.

also, did anyone manage to negotiate the locker room or an extra parking space to be included in the purchase price? is this possible?

thanks.

I only got $5k cash off, nothing else. But ek12 got a free locker, so I think it is possible for you to get the same deal. Extra parking space.....probably not since you already have one that comes with your unit.

negotiate price?

Was the 5k a promotion or something that you negotiated? How long ago was that? And thanks for the info on the locker. Thanks.

Was the 5k a promotion or something that you negotiated? How long ago was that? And thanks for the info on the locker. Thanks.

It was in late 2008, at that time they were doing promotion with $5k cash off at signing. But I heard that later on they did $15k off at closing instead. It was just a promotion, no negotiation involved.

Hey everyone and future neighbours,
Don't know if anyone still monitors this thread, but I'm a first time buyer, same as many of you. I'm also on the cooling period for a 2b+media, like Elk. It's 31st floor facing NW (bluebell). It's a very expensive investment for me and I know I am probably buying at high cost since its so late in the first phase. I was wondering what you guys think of the layout.
Also, how do you guys think pricing would compare buying really LATE, PHASE 1 vs buying really EARLY, PHASE 2.

thanks!
Alex

I would say get rid of Whismur, Marill, and Nicada. ( unless you really need those HM's all the time) I'd suggest you get a fire, thunder, and psychic type for type coverage. For example, Gardevoir and Alakazam are all some very powerful psychic types. for a fire type you could use a ninetales. For a thunder type, a Pikachu or something.

wtf you are talking about? are you a reatrd or something?

I just wanted to add, I used the wrong word by using investment, as I'm planning to live there for the next 7-10 years minimum. I have a lot to learn, so any advice / info on these condominiums we can share would be great.
PS: These units selling for 7k cash rebate now for 2b+ and 4k cash rebate for 1+d, no rebate for 1 bedroom

I just wanted to add, I used the wrong word by using investment, as I'm planning to live there for the next 7-10 years minimum. I have a lot to learn, so any advice / info on these condominiums we can share would be great.
PS: These units selling for 7k cash rebate now for 2b+ and 4k cash rebate for 1+d, no rebate for 1 bedroom

Hi AFWC, congrats on getting your own home!

Personally I think Bluebell has a decent layout, see below:

Pros:
- not much space wasted on corridors
- with lots of windows and 31 floor facing NW, meaning you will have a fantastic view and nothing should be blocking you
- kitchen has a bar area (that's personal, but I really like it)

Cons:
- pillar in living room, I guest it can't be avoided considering the amount of windows you are getting
- HVAC in second bedroom, not everyone can live with the humming sound from it
- I expect a walk-in closet in master bedroom (again, it is my personal preference)

I know the price has gone up quite a bit since first release, but that was for smaller units, the price difference should not be that great for bigger (2 bdrm +) units, but the most important thing is you like it, you are going to make it your home for future years afterall.

For phase 1 vs phase 2, I still prefer phase 1 since it has direct access to subway, but phase 2 does not guarantee that.

Just my 2 cents :)

Back