Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Thanks for the article. It is indeed interesting. It is just exactly what I thought. I know it sounds selfish, but sometime I hope that the world economy especially Canada and US would not get better until the end of 2011. I like it when I see our dollar is getting stronger. This way it will put pressure on the government to keep the interest rate low.

How's it with the RBC special fixed rate for Emerald city condo's buyer? I heard from someone here that they are going to start offer it next year? Why not now? Variable rate sounds good right now, but how about 2 years from now?

Sounds good to me. Yes, i am a first time buyer just 20 years old so i couldnt afford much, I bought violet. The sq. footage seems a little small i am just hoping it is bigger than i am picturing.
You are 20 yrs old and already bought your first place? Congrats for you! Not many people on your age can do what you do without help from their parents. Looks like we are going to be neighbour. The other UT members here that I know who bought at Emerald are Probey and Animatrix.
Which floor did you get? The only think that I like from Violet is it starts from the 24th floor. The size is a bit small for me.

Congrats MAD MAN! Like newbuyer said, there are not that many home owner at your age and you should be proud of yourself for being one :)

Violet has a rectangular layout and with not much space wasted as hallway. Even the square footage is a bit small, but I think you will be able to utilize most of the space, making the unit feel spacious.

Thank you guys. I am proud and very excited, I knew it was going to be small but I figured I am only one person so i will manage until i can afford a bigger place.

Thank you guys. I am proud and very excited, I knew it was going to be small but I figured I am only one person so i will manage until i can afford a bigger place.

congrats MAD MAN ... violet is an efficient and well laid out unit.

my only misgiving is the kitchen:
erroneous measurement provided ... there is no way that is 7’7†x 9’4â€, more like 7’7†x 7'4â€;
the plumbing stack suggests that water lines may be running through the right-side base cabinet to the sink and D/W, thereby eating up already limited base storage space;
there's only one wall of upper cabinets ... if you find that isn't sufficient after you move in, go to IKEA and install some stock upper kitchen cabinets (maybe 3 ft long) along the side-wall.

Orchid

Just about a month ago I finally got my first condo. Orchid on the 35th
I'm terrified as this is one of the biggest responsibility I've ever placed myself under. The idea that it won't be ready for a couple of years, makes it a bit less daunting for now. Anyone who bought the Orchid care to comment.

I'm thinking of making it an open place and request the wall that divides the bedroom from the living not be built...:)

Just about a month ago I finally got my first condo. Orchid on the 35th
I'm terrified as this is one of the biggest responsibility I've ever placed myself under. The idea that it won't be ready for a couple of years, makes it a bit less daunting for now. Anyone who bought the Orchid care to comment.

I'm thinking of making it an open place and request the wall that divides the bedroom from the living not be built...:)

I would advise against deleting the wall.....it may seriously impact the resale of the suite down road as not many people may appreciate having such an open-concept suite.

Orchid

Yes you are right, so far 9/10 people are advising not to do it because of its impact to the resale value etc....I am just playing around with ideas to make the place look as big as possible (549 sq) lol....Anyways, thanks for your 2 cents :)

Yes you are right, so far 9/10 people are advising not to do it because of its impact to the resale value etc....I am just playing around with ideas to make the place look as big as possible (549 sq) lol....Anyways, thanks for your 2 cents :)

it will definitely impact resale value; however, when you sell, you could always pay a contractor $1000 to put up a wall and door.

if the flooring in the LR/DR and bedroom are the same, and you really want to do it, i say go for it.

Orchid

I wonder how the Balconies are divided. How much privacy there will be. The orchid is between Violet and (I forget) oh well. it'll be cool to know who my neighboors will be on the 35th :)

Daffodil 1BD+Den--> Carnation 2BD pricing difference?

Does any one have pricing of the Daffodil/Carnation before the official change in Aug.
ONTARIO REGULATION 350/09 BUILDING CODE stipulates that each bedroom requires a window.
Legally you can't rent out to anyone. The only person who can sleep there is the buyer who doesn't like sunshine in the morning
I have to draft up an amendment , and it would help if I knew what prices were going for before the $$$ hike.
Anybody interested in this case?
cheers
Romeo

Does any one have pricing of the Daffodil/Carnation before the official change in Aug.
ONTARIO REGULATION 350/09 BUILDING CODE stipulates that each bedroom requires a window.
Legally you can't rent out to anyone. The only person who can sleep there is the buyer who doesn't like sunshine in the morning
I have to draft up an amendment , and it would help if I knew what prices were going for before the $$$ hike.
Anybody interested in this case?
cheers
Romeo

Hi romeo,

I purchased Daffodil and I believe the price difference between Daffodil and Carnation is around $50k to $60k. I came up with this figure by just comparing price lists, it may not be accurate if there are promotions going on.

Is it true that a condo bedroom must have a window? I have seen lots of the so-called 2 bdrm unit in which the second bedroom doesn't have window.

Re: Actuality of bedroom requiring a window.

Hey probey,
The issue of there not having a window, is allowed by agreeing to the floorplan upon signing.
The need for an emergency escape requires there to be 5.7 sq ft, 5 sq ft for ground floor unit which they can't get away with.

Not having much luck with friday the 13th, i chose not to pick the 13th floor, which is now availble as they moved to the 5th.
cheers,
rome

Back