News   Apr 26, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 434     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

So we're two days out from the end of the 3 week period, as indicated earlier in this thread. Any news as to the fate of the service?

So we're two days out from the end of the 3 week period, as indicated earlier in this thread. Any news as to the fate of the service?

If I had to fathom a guess the RT is toast.

I took the shuttle this past weekend and they already have dedicated stop markers for the shuttle along Midland, not to mention the fact that the service seems to be well organized. They are putting alot of effort into something that is temporary.

How is that proof of anything? The shuttle was going to start no later than November, even if they were going to bring the service back the shuttle stops would be ready to go by closure day.

How is that proof of anything? The shuttle was going to start no earlier than November, even if they were going to bring the service back the shuttle stops would be ready to go by closure day.

I get that but this seems a tad more permanent than a temporary shuttle service.

It's as though they bumped up the closure and rolled out the planned services sooner than anticipated.

If I had to fathom a guess the RT is toast.

I took the shuttle this past weekend and they already have dedicated stop markers for the shuttle along Midland, not to mention the fact that the service seems to be well organized. They are putting alot of effort into something that is temporary.
Well Scarborough always wanted a BRT network instead of a LRT network. Glad to see the good people of Scarborough getting what they always wanted.

How is that proof of anything? The shuttle was going to start no later than November, even if they were going to bring the service back the shuttle stops would be ready to go by closure day.
They've had those for awhile they aded them whn they di ones on bloor and danforth for shuttel buses it isn't anything new. They starte using them when they would close it for matince and bad snow days insted of pulling into Lawrnce east and elsmere sations, which are out of the way from any main roads.

Reactions: JBR
IMG_4521.jpeg

Well Scarborough always wanted a BRT network instead of a LRT network. Glad to see the good people of Scarborough getting what they always wanted.
This is absolutely false. Those who never spend time in Scarborough and want as little transit dollars as possible (though above the level where guilt would be triggered) spent in Scarborough want BRT. Keesmaat wanted BRT.

I do not agree with those against the BRT to Oshawa, but that's an example of opposition to BRT in Scarborough.

Added: I should have said Scarborough wanted SUBWAYS SUBWAYS SUBWAYS! Which I (and the entirely of Toronto) are quite fond of, too.

The present names for the TTC station, GO/UPX station, and this part of Dundas Street West are confusing to anyone who is not familiar with the western side of the city, and it causes all kinds of problems, as I have pointed out in other posts.
Even local radio traffic reports and news stories frequently mention "Dundas and Bloor" and never specify which one of the two intersections they mean (the other is in the former Etobicoke). Map apps, and subsequently delivery and other people using them, get directed to the wrong area of the city.
The subway and train stations are soon to be joined, but have different names from each other, yet both have names that tourists confuse with the other TTC stations with the same (or almost the same) name. Yet again this weekend I saw a confused person asking about the location of their hotel (I'm reasonably certain there aren't any near here).

This is absolutely false. Those who never spend time in Scarborough and want as little transit dollars as possible (though above the level where guilt would be triggered) spent in Scarborough want BRT. Keesmaat wanted BRT.

I do not agree with those against the BRT to Oshawa, but that's an example of opposition to BRT in Scarborough.

Added: I should have said Scarborough wanted SUBWAYS SUBWAYS SUBWAYS! Which I (and the entirely of Toronto) are quite fond of, too.
Similar to the folks in the former City of York and former City of Etobicoke. There were suggestions that Eglinton West be a BRT, but both cities opposed it, wanting subways, subways, subways. Got no rapid transit instead, until they started building the Crosstown LRT.

Back