News   May 10, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.8K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

With your newness here, you've missed much of this debate in the past. And things have changed a lot.

OneCity isn’t new. It is the user “Coffey”. He just changed his name when he got banned a few times (he’s admitted this).

His distorted thoughts have nothing to do with being new.

Last edited:
It keeps amazing me how many people actually believe this project will be built
It will be built, that is a reality. When, how and where are the questions.
Watch them push this to 2040 or "phase 3" of the metrolinx plan. The shovels should have been in the ground already.

Cut the condescending crap wth your holier than thou, out of touch Dowtown orientated transit opinion.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Since you registered for this site, you've been incessant with your condescension and vilification of opponents of this project; painting them as somehow hating Scarborough, because they have the audacity to believe that Scarborough oughta have more than just one [new] rapid transit stop.

Cut the condescending crap wth your holier than thou, out of touch Dowtown orientated transit opinion.
What?

I'm not sure how wanting to improve transit in Scarborough is "holier than thou"

And please, fix your spelling and punctuation. And discuss the issue, rather than simply attacking someone because they know more about the issue than you do.

If you are wrong, simply say so - or don't. All the outburst tells us, is that you know you are wrong, but don't want to admit it.

The transfer LRT was overwhelming shot down in almost every seat a candidate ran against it in the last decade. As you may or may not be aware Scarborough council asked for the subway in Miller's first term so this shouldn't be shocking.
Again, I'll point out you are new here, and you weren't here during Miller's term. This was discussed widely.

Just because a transfer has been there for years didnt make it a good legacy that people support. The RT is not well respected for many reasons and that's where the real swindle began. Residents want better connectivity to the City they have paid taxes into for decades. Neither the one stop subway or the rejected LRT was the right plan.
I'm glad you agree about the subway.

If you had read the history, I was relatively supportive of the 3-stop subway extension - even saying there should be a 4th stop somewhere on Eglinton - perhaps even a short branch to Eglinton GO (it's not like they are going to need 100% of trains to go to Scarborough Centre). I'm not sure I'd have proposed it, but in combination with the decisions to proceed with all the other Transit City lines into Scarborough, it would at least give Scarorough decent transit, with a solid artery.

But the $3 billion 1-station extension we are now left with, serves no one.

I'm not sure why you mention the transfer issue at Scarborough. With the currently agreed on plan between the City and province, trains go from Scarborough Centre to Yonge Street, along the Eglinton corridor without changing. Under the proposed subway scheme, only those proceeding to Scarborough Centre don't change.

There's more people who need to change either at Kennedy or SC under the currently proposed scheme, than they do under the currently approved scheme.

Scarborough will fund its own future when the same rules apply to other areas of the City. The subway will be built and start a better long term future for Scarborough in combination with improved local transit.
Point me to another part of the city where they are paying $3 billion for only 1 station. Or in reality, to remove 4 stations, given there already is a station at Scarborough Centre - all that happens here really is upgrading that station, and moving the transfer for those heading east-west.

Last edited:
The design of the Kennedy station would allow through running. However, TTC said they are not planning to through run the two lines.
When? I think that predated the current agreement between the city and province.

OneCity isn’t new. It is the user “Coffey”. He just changed his name when he got banned a few times (he’s admitted this).
That seems unlikely, or else he'd have been banned again. Or if he was allowed to do this, he'd have mentioned that it.

The name vaguely rings a bell. Looking at old posts - no, I don't think it's him. He was a Fordie. I don't think anyone is supporting that racist druggie in this debate!

A $3 billion one-stop "extension" isn't funny even in an ironic sense. At the very least put a station back on Lawrence. This is such a waste.

Cut the condescending crap wth your holier than thou, out of touch Dowtown orientated transit opinion. The transfer LRT was overwhelming shot down in almost every seat a candidate ran against it in the last decade. As you may or may not be aware Scarborough council asked for the subway in Miller's first term so this shouldn't be shocking.

Just because a transfer has been there for years didnt make it a good legacy that people support. The RT is not well respected for many reasons and that's where the real swindle began. Residents want better connectivity to the City they have paid taxes into for decades. Neither the one stop subway or the rejected LRT was the right plan. Sad some refused to even work on improving connectivity here and on Sheppard. Thankfully many are fighting to make these changes in a difficult environment

Scarborough will fund its own future when the same rules apply to other areas of the City. The subway will be built and start a better long term future for Scarborough in combination with improved local transit.
Would you please stop your ad-hominem arguments and insults.

A $3 billion one-stop "extension" isn't funny even in an ironic sense. At the very least put a station back on Lawrence. This is such a waste.
The $3 billion estimate though, is only the preliminary estimate.

Given the lengths that the Tory administration is going to, to delay the production of the revised estimates until after the election 9 months from now, one has to assume the number is going up.

The $3 billion estimate though, is only the preliminary estimate.

Given the lengths that the Tory administration is going to, to delay the production of the revised estimates until after the election 9 months from now, one has to assume the number is going up.
Too true. Kind of makes one wonder what the real number is going to end up being. It's hard to imagine merely a minute increase!

Too true. Kind of makes one wonder what the real number is going to end up being. It's hard to imagine merely a minute increase!
It is, especially as one could simply magic the very high proposed cost of the bus terminal out of the whole thing, and instead use some cheap surface solution like they always do at other locations

I thought of something similar, but up Midland.

View attachment 134507

It should follow Midland all the way to Ellesmere given the availability of brownfield properties on the west side of the corridor north of Lawrence that could be utilized for ROW. Then follow the SRT alignment into the existing STC station site, making for easier future expansion into Malvern.

It is, especially as one could simply magic the very high proposed cost of the bus terminal out of the whole thing, and instead use some cheap surface solution like they always do at other locations

For 3+ billion the station better be as dramatic as NYCs's Oculus, currently the more expensive subway station in the world.

When? I think that predated the current agreement between the city and province.

I can't find the sources now, but I am pretty sure TTC said they will not through-run Eglinton and SLRT; that happened before Stinz and de Baeremaeker started their coup d'etat. I remember myself posting suggestions to send every 2-nd SLRT train to Eglinton; I wouldn't need to if the TTC was going to do that anyway.

If you can find a source that proves they were going to through-run, then you win :)

So back to topic, what are the odds that this will get built? I feel like that it will happen no matter how high the number is or how impractical it will be. It seems like the city burned all the bridges behind them getting to this point, and they can't go back now, nor can they simply build nothing. I suppose the could do the DRL 1980s option, and study it to death.

I believe in Tory's last interview on City Pulse 24 he said he would have shovels on the ground before the next election or something. He's a load of shit haha. Seriously don't vote for Tory if you actually want to see SSE in your life.

Back