News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 854     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1K     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

They managed to use the least inviting source image of Dundas Square possible for that "new" rendering.

I showed that to my contact at Rogers. She said that she never saw it before. It must be a conceptual image. All she knows is that the move is phasing in in the summer. First CityTV, then OMNI. The whole move and construction should be finished by late fall 2009.

Self climbing scaffolding is in place on Victoria St to start putting up the new material on the face of the building. There is a second one around the corner.

Some structural changes to the outside of Torch/City TV.

March8th-09043.jpg

March8th-09042.jpg

I'm itching to see what this will look like. I had high hopes for it when I saw the original proposal for the Olympic Spirit Centre with two separate glass bridges spanning over the streetcar turn street and the rotating torch.

If anything, I trust that the full potential of this building will be reached in a broadcasting station, a perfect fit I think.

Last edited:
I hope you're right! I can just imagine them broadcasting live with Dundas square in the background. It will give the square the attention it deserves finally:)

Ok, I'm really starting to piss off my friend @ Rogers. I ask her about this all the time, but when I saw here on UT that they had begun construction on the exterior, I had to call her.

She says that nobody that she knows at Rogers knows what it's going to look like, meaning that it's not either of the renderings that we've seen here.

The one with the big red thingy on the corner is the one Rogers submitted to the city for signage approvals.

All she's heard is that they're going to be putting up a significant signage asset on the torch portion which makes sense considering the city approved that.

The only consistent information she's heard is that the building will be unrecognizable from its current form and that the effort Rogers is putting into it, derives from their intention on making this their coming out from behind the curtain as a powerhouse of TV broadcasting – they're known for distribution through cable – and this will be their face, their flagship.

I'm encouraged by that. :)

Back