News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 729     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

I'd rather see more people at one place, than scattered in mutiple places. I'd also like to see better entertainment. After 12 last night, they had the cast of Jersey Boys singing showtunes. Lame.

Showtunes are never lame :cool:

I think City Hall provides the most dramatic backdrop, the skating rink adds romanticism and NPS has somewhere around double the size of space of TLS.

I agree. I think NPS projects a better image of Toronto.

Just have to wonder why this is important? Do you think there are people in places like, say, New York who are sitting at home saying "that ball dropping in Time's Square is so 20th century...let's watch how they do it in Toronto!!!"

Really, it is probably just people in Toronto (or expats who know the city anyway) who are watching the Toronto NYE bash so we should not be too concerned about how we look to the rest of the world and just have fun at what ever event, at whatever location, you go to!

I agree with you in principle, but my point was that Dundas Square is just a generic media square, which has been done elsewhere with superior results, whereas NPS presents something unique and original to the world (and I'd like to think expats agree).

City Hall itself is a recognizable symbol of Toronto. I look at it and think "Toronto!"

Dundas Square could be anywhere. I look at it and think "Jack Astors and AMC."

Also, the holiday decorations on Yonge St. are embarrasing and don't need any extra attention, imo.

I agree with you in principle, but my point was that Dundas Square is just a generic media square, which has been done elsewhere with superior results, whereas NPS presents something unique and original to the world (and I'd like to think expats agree).

City Hall itself is a recognizable symbol of Toronto. I look at it and think "Toronto!"

Dundas Square could be anywhere. I look at it and think "Jack Astors and AMC."

Also, the holiday decorations on Yonge St. are embarrasing and don't need any extra attention, imo.

Fair enough......another factor in favour of NPS is that it would be much harder, I think, for this event to remain alcohol free (as it is now) with so many restaraunts/pubs in the area whose doors would, essentially, open up onto the party.

Just found this... hopefully this is not going to be the reality...

ughng5.jpg

Just found this... hopefully this is not going to be the reality...

ughng5.jpg

Interesting. It's a lot better than the first render.

I wonder when we'll see a real rendering...wasn't this project supposed to be finished by now?

Back