News   Jul 05, 2024
 682     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 987     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 475     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

The word is that it won't all be finished by July but that first City, then OMNI will begin moving in mid to end of July phasing into the Fall (end of September/early October) when everything should be complete.

3375574881_5c67e51953_b.jpg

3376400984_ca5a635ee8_b.jpg

3375577513_2591d75070_b.jpg

3375579713_7e27afe6c0_b.jpg

This may well become the big surprise to the area.

Indeed. It's an excellent, excellent location for a TV studio, looking out onto bustling Dundas Square. It'll be great in the summer when there's tons of people in the Square. Beautiful backdrop. I'm really looking forward to City newscasts with the square in the background.

Dundas Square

Indeed. It's an excellent, excellent location for a TV studio, looking out onto bustling Dundas Square. It'll be great in the summer when there's tons of people in the Square. Beautiful backdrop. I'm really looking forward to City newscasts with the square in the background.
Bustling Dundas Square? Hardly. Except for concerts and events the place is dead. A scatter of chairs in warm weather brings some people to sit in surreal isolation. For CITY-TV it is a great location with clear sightlines to the crowds on Yonge Street's sidewalks and the activity on the west side outside H&M. In the square - not so much. A hundred million dollar parking garage roof (with some Gardiner off ramp bling).

Bustling Dundas Square? Hardly. Except for concerts and events the place is dead. A scatter of chairs in warm weather brings some people to sit in surreal isolation. For CITY-TV it is a great location with clear sightlines to the crowds on Yonge Street's sidewalks and the activity on the west side outside H&M. In the square - not so much. A hundred million dollar parking garage roof (with some Gardiner off ramp bling).

Yes, bustling. Maybe not in the winter so much, but even in winter there's always tons of stuff going on at Dundas Square. And in warm weather there's always tons of people there. There are already countless pictures within the TLS thread to prove my point, so I feel no more need to discuss this further.

Have you actually blessed the square with your presence? Come back from it on a warm sunny afternoon and enlighten us with your full report.:rolleyes:

This coming from someone who obviously doesn't frequent the square.

I live minutes away, and work across the street. I spend a lot of time there. The square is always bustling during the summer months. The only time it is empty is during the early mornings.

Even yesterday it was quite busy and the weather wasn't even that great.

Back