News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 861     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1K     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

I hope they at least cover up those HUGE, ugly VAC units on the roof. Those monsters are double the size of the ones originally on Torch.

Broadcasts from the studio will have a nice backdrop, but it would be great to see the square better utilized in winter months. Maybe public skating would be a nice addition??

Broadcasts from the studio will have a nice backdrop, but it would be great to see the square better utilized in winter months. Maybe public skating would be a nice addition??

A great idea! Just removing the snow would be a good beginning. The Square looks so abandoned and uninviting in the winter and, from what I see outside my window this morning, winter NEVER ends!:eek:

Maybe public skating would be a nice addition??

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day... it would be quite a spectacle with all the billboard lights reflecting off the ice, creating a nice alternative to Nathan Phillips Square.

Then again, I suppose the proximity of Lake Devo snuffs out the incentive to "rink" Dundas Square...

Lake Devo just seems so underutilized because of it's tucked away so neatly. And this is Toronto afterall, I don't think we could possibly have such a thing as too many ice surfaces.

Maybe a Dundas Square rink could be set up as a shinny mecca. Have it open for free skate during the daytime, and then in the evening have sticks and jerseys available for rental/sale. I think it could be a massive tourist draw (even for spectators)

Lake Devo just seems so underutilized because of it's tucked away so neatly. And this is Toronto afterall, I don't think we could possibly have such a thing as too many ice surfaces.

Maybe a Dundas Square rink could be set up as a shinny mecca. Have it open for free skate during the daytime, and then in the evening have sticks and jerseys available for rental/sale. I think it could be a massive tourist draw (even for spectators)

I have to disagree......I am as Canadian as the next guy...and I get the whole outdoor skating thing being part of our culture/fabric...I really do....but we do have several public gathering places with outdoor skating and it would show (IMHO) some cultural growth as a diversified society if we could once, just once, design/build/use a public gathering place that did not involve skating (again...just an alternate view on the matter).

I assume you mean they will be OUTSIDE the building? The exterior of the building is clearly unfinished and, from what one can see, the inside is no further on.

Jennifer Valentyne is doing "live eye" from inside the building...doing that overly cute "look at me doing construction work" sorta thing......she mentioned she is going on a tour of the entire building soon.

Back