News   Jul 04, 2024
 796     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 680     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 602     1 

Church-Wellesley Village

"Crepe it Up" will soon become "Cafe by Crepe it Up & Pavillion Pastries" in it's former spot combined with the adjoining space which used to be occupied by Yefseis.

The cafe is now open. Looks pretty nice.

On an aside, Flash is now offering free membership.

The cafe is now open. Looks pretty nice.

On an aside, Flash is now offering free membership.

It opened on Thursday or Friday. The combined spaces are smaller than I thought they would be, but it's very open and inviting. It appears to be doing good business too, good luck to them.

The inside is nice; way better than the old decor. They've pared down their crepes menu somewhat though.

Crepe It Up & Acme Burger. The other half of the space by Acme Burger has had the "For Lease" sign removed since last week, but I see no signs of activity.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I had a burger and fries for lunch at Acme Burger today. The fries were delicious and the burger was very good. Both were much better than Hero Burger accross the street, but not quite as good as Craft Burger (now Big Smoke Burger) on Yonge near the reference library. The menu selection looks great and the patio made for a very pleasant lunch.

Good luck to them!

Unless they serve booze, that patio is a waste. People don't sit and chat and people-watch for hours eating burgers and drinking pop. It's still a dead-spot in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a 30 minute seating limit or something. Oh well, at least it's a recognisable chain and not some random luggage shop or cash advance place.

I read that Acme has a liquor license but aren't planning to serve alcohol at all.

I noticed Acme Burger opened up too. It's a bit of a disappointment, and the patio won't be used as it was with Zeldas, but if their food is decent it'll probably stay in business.

My partner and I noticed the Crepe place the other day! We went inside just to look around and it really was surprisingly cozy and attractive in the inside. The menu looks good too, and the prices were very reasonable. I'm looking forward to actually eating here. I hope it does well!

Why would they go to the trouble and expense of getting a licence and not using it?

Here's an excerpt from the Xtra article about that...

Khuffash says the Acme Burger Company has a liquor licence, but don’t expect to see him selling beer or cocktails any time soon. “I want to keep this a family-friendly place. That patio will not sell beer or liquor.”

Khuffash needs to get a clue and embrace the neighbourhood.

Church St family-friendly? There goes the neighbourhood. Mind, I don't want it to be a cesspool of debauchery and hedonism - except for Pride :eek:) - but, C'MON! It's the beginning of the end of the strip (which has been touch-and-go for a few years) if more 'family-friendly' places open.

You should try out "Greek in the Village" just down the street. They have IMO the best Gyro downtown. Authentic Greek Pita PACKED with Gyro meat, $5.49 + tax (be sure to ask for extra tzatziki sauce). I mentioned to the owner that he should expand his menu by offering sweet Donair sauce in place of tzatziki sauce. Will see if he does.
I must agree! We tried it yesterday and were very pleasantly surprised. Great portions, very fresh tasting food and a friendly (Turkish) staff.

You should try out "Greek in the Village" just down the street. They have IMO the best Gyro downtown. Authentic Greek Pita PACKED with Gyro meat, $5.49 + tax (be sure to ask for extra tzatziki sauce). I mentioned to the owner that he should expand his menu by offering sweet Donair sauce in place of tzatziki sauce. Will see if he does.
I must agree! We tried it yesterday and were very pleasantly surprised. Great portions, very fresh tasting food and a friendly (Turkish) staff.

Back