News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Re: Official Bay Adelaide Centre Thread

New hoarding up on Bay Street. Southwest corner has been excavated by 5 or so feet and retaining wall work is being done along the length of Bay. Also, there's a pit where the stump once was and you can see down into the level below. Elevator core is being removed underground.

Today Jan 20th.

Jan20BA04.jpg

Jan20BA02.jpg

Jan20BA03.jpg

I walked by last night and was surprised at how small of a footprint the two buildings on Bay had.

You can't see from these pictures but they have done quite a bit of removal on the lower levels of the stub's base.

amazing after all the information on BA but it was these photos that really drove it home that they are building the long awaited BA towers after all. I guess it was the sight of the stump completely removed.

I hope they don't run out of money now. At least when they ran out of money before there was still the Bay St buildings. If they run out of money now there will be a huge surface lot and Bay St will look broken.

It's quite interesting to see the open views as you get a different perspective on surrounding buildings. These are views we'll never see again- I have a feeling that BA centre is actually going to be built this time around.

I agree Bogtrotter, and you can really appreciate how fantastic a site this is left in the downtown core. I'm hoping this project turns out well, if not cutting-edge.

For what it's worth, the address for the first tower at the BA Centre is going to be...

(drumroll)

333 Bay!

(cymbal shot)

You heard it here first.

"scoops" 42

That's a great pic, geekaroo. It's really hard to tell what's going on at the BA site from ground level and this seems to explain it. So, it looks like there was an entire basement level built but not occupied (or part of the parking lot). I wonder if the urban exploration types knew about this? I also wonder if all the concrete work there from the original BA is going to be removed?

Drum, that is a MASSIVE pic!

Re: A Snap from Today Bay Adelaide

Good picture geekaroo, thank you!

Thanks geekaroo and drum. It seems they are keeping the core of the old BA as per the building plans posted much earlier.

AoD

Hot.

Does anyone know what the developer contributed to the city in return for city approval.

Like the 151 Front paying for Front, a million dollars for Bay Street and Yonge Street between Front and Queen Street would have been nice.

Louroz

Back