News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Re: A Snap from Today Bay Adelaide

Hmmm....since there's not much going immediately above the area around the core they're excavating, I wonder if they could open PATH (even a rough cut) - right through to The Bay store soon, instead of waiting for a lot of the BA complex to be finished?

FM,

The Cloud Garden Park was part of the original BA agreement. Although there maybe some other section 37 agreements contained in the planning approval documents.

Not much - I've re-read the final report and there isn't much other than by preserving the facade of the hertiage structure and the usual LEED stuff.

AoD

I wonder if they could open PATH (even a rough cut) - right through to The Bay store soon

Well, by the looks of things, that rough cut has been there all along - that's what they just exposed. I wonder if there was some locked underground door in the Bay or Scotiabank that led into the stump, the whole time?

Or maybe the tunnel to Scotiabank was the part never built.

You could always get to the parking lot through the Bay - the Thomsons owned the Bay and Bay Adelaide when it was first planned, so the connection to the Bay was opened in the early '90s.

The connection to Scotia will go through the store that is to the right of Winners as you look north in the lower level - it's been a Coles Bookstore and then one of those faux-french cookie places, I don't know what it is now - but don't count on it opening any time soon. The connection betwen Scotia and Commerce Court wasn't opened until 1995 or so - until then, people used their subway passes to walk through the station to get between them underground.

Or went the other way, via FCP/TD.

Depends what end--from the Scotia food court, it'd definitely be the subway; from the Scotia tower lobby, FCP/TD might suffice...

Re: Photos 11/03/07

I was at the Rally for Kyoto event today at Nathan Phillips and randomly decided to go down to the BA Centre. I had my 70-300 lens on me and no other, so the pictures are close up.

418040772_ffefa600f1.jpg

418040689_a90b37d357.jpg

418040614_83b5815c0c.jpg

418040510_66398b8346.jpg

418040402_f24cb8c2f6.jpg

Looks like they're assembling the crane! But does this make sense?

418040324_dae16b7c2e.jpg

I spoke to someone working on the crane equipment today as they had Adelaide closed between Bay and Yonge. Said it had something to do with the Scotiatower and not B/A. Who knows.

The BA site has a creepy WTC feel to it... esp. at night.

Ben, the manager at Nicholas Ho, recently told me he's opening a bookstore somewhere on Bay near there; It'll be more word-oriented than the picture book palace he now runs.

Nice to hear, anything more scholarly than indigo is always good. I think there's a niche in TO now for intelligent bookstores- at least I'm hoping.

Back