News   Aug 30, 2024
 3.4K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 3.1K     1 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 709     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Re: Photos 11/03/07

Isn't it going on York? The Globe had a story a couple of weeks ago.

You're probably right, ap. I was slightly tipsy and distracted by his wife's dress and the view of Osgoode from the fancy lounge. I missed the Globe item.

I read that it was going on Bay between Richmond and Adelaide.

I could be mistaken too. The story mentioned Books for Business as his competition a lot, which to my mind at least is more around York than Bay.

Yikes that's disapointing if that is the direction he is in fact taking. NH was always one of the better informed bookstores in Montreal, well informed and plugged into what was current politically and acedemically.

if i remember the Globe article correctly, he was leaving Nicholas Hoare to start up his own bookstore. NH is not closing down. the article said it would be on Bay between Richmond and Adelaide and mentioned BA as a potential source of clientele

Nicholas Hoare is a well established bookstore in Quebec and MOntreal, especially among the Anglo community. Any experimentation beyond it's current success is an experiment into TO- I gather they are testing the business market to see if there are any dollars there.

I trust NH with my intelligence and info right now. THey nare tibe skyurbna; best in Canada-nation right now thanks

Ben's new bookstore is going to be on Bay, right near Bay/Adelaide. It should be opening within the next couple months.

All in all, excellent news - a new bookstore downtown, and Nicholas Hoare remains to be the best store in town.

I remember when Princess Diana was making tons of calls and hanging up to a bookseller she had the hots for in London named Nicholas Hoare.....are they one and the same?

I ride past the site every morning at around 7:20am. Each day the site is in full swing, does anybody know if they're working 24 hrs on this?

On a side note it looks like they're starting to prep the Telus site for a crane foundation. They have a lot of water to pump out though.

Thanks Adma.....you're right.....I guess it's true....everything, including my memory, fades with time. lol

Back