News   Jul 26, 2024
 991     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.5K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

The little item about light starved Northerners in the article was nice except that (rainy days aside) Toronto has virtually the same light conditions as the other places like San Francisco and the South of France mentioned.

Yeh- I don't see how it's any worse in Toronto than any other city on a similar latitude. But I guess there is a prevailing sense that northern cities in NA are particularly overcast and dreary over the winter months. I like the LED lighting idea. I've always found downtown TO rather bland in that dept so I hope they go ahead with this.

The lighting in that picture somewhat reminds me of the UofT building at College & University. I'm thinking CCBR but I'm pretty sure CCBR is just to the west of this one. Anyways, that building looks great at night so I have high hopes for BA Centre.

yeah i just passed by that building 20 minutes ago and saw the lighting in the lobby...reminded me of this thread

That would be pretty cool. If I was a little sparrow, I'd be honoured to crack my skull against such a nicely lit mauve window. It's all in the name of art!

That is hilarious.

Re: Official Bay Adelaide Centre Thread

Outside of a few small walls the entire site is now down.

Re: Official Bay Adelaide Centre Thread

This will look so awesome. So down the lights for a few weeks, then crank em up again.

Re: Second Image in my post

Tadao Ando's building for Takarazuka University of Art and Design in Osaka, Japan

takarazukaLG.jpg

Takarazuka2LG.jpg

Leaving the lights on is a great way to weed out the stupid birds.

Also why not light up the Tower for the season? Are we worried about some jolly old fat man slamming his sleigh into the side of it?

CNXMAS.jpg

Edited to include stupid comments.

If only the city would fund that, I would love to see the CN tower lit up like that. On Canada day, Red and White. Xmas, as you shown in that pic. Easter, pink and blue. Etc, etc :)
Wonder how much it would cost.

Why would the city pay to tart up the Tower? The Turmmeisters can do it themselves! What the tower really needs though is some kind of other-worldly halo moving up and down around the tower, causing people to panic, run screaming, and faint. That would be a cool lighting job.

I'd love to see the top of the CN Tower lit up like that. The question is who would be courageous enough to go up there to set up the lighting?

Kahnawá ke - Mohawk Nation. They've done it all in terms of heights.

Back