News   Jul 26, 2024
 941     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.5K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.3K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

I'm surprised to hear the tower even has a public art component, given that they already built Cloud Garden for the city.

This artist has experience "reconfiguring a volcano"?? This boggles the mind; I'd like to see pictures.

Maybe he could also be signed up for Stinson's project; as long as it's going to be blown up anyway, let's make it an artistic effort and sell tickets.

This is so great if it comes true!! A well lit city is one of the most amazing sights to me. This city desparately needs a lesson in how to light it's towers etc Especially the CN. Pathetic.

As far as wasting electricity?? Every major city on earth knows the value of proper lighting for tourists, image etc. Why can't Toronto??

There are some things that are worth doing, this is one of them.

could anyone imagine the CN tower fully lit up with an outline or something, with some cool lights around the pods? that would be incredible

Light pollution and birdstrikes should definitely be a concern as noted above.

If the city truly wanted to do something unique and dramatic with the lights in order to astonish the jaded tourists it would turn them all off at 10:00 p.m. and allow people to see the stars again, like we did during the blackout.

From what I understand Toronto office buildings are pretty good at turning off uncesessary lighting. Cities like Chicago and NY are also doing this- it's one urban issue where we are actually leading the way.

Back