News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 564     1 

44th Canadian Federal Election

I live in Scarborough Southwest and will be voting NDP this year.

I don't see an easy re-election for Bill Blair this time around.

Maybe it's just me but I'm noticing alot of Liberal fatigue.

On a side note.. I wonder if Covid and the Residential Schools situation will help the NDP. Indigenous issues are in their wheelhouse much like social benefits (UBI, CERB, Pharmacare, Sick Days and Wage Increases) are.

Has anyone had candidates or their lackeys knock on their door?

So far I've had nothing since the writ was dropped. No lit, no phone call.. nothing

I live in the West Bend, in Parkdale-High Park, and had an NDP postcard at my door a few days ago. In 2019, by election day, I had compiled two Liberal leaflets, two NDP leaflets, and one Green leaflet. I'm never around in the evenings so never get a chance to talk to the canvassers.

I predict a Liberal majority, Greens lose both seats, NDP loses seats to the Libs (for their majority), and no change or a few more seats for the Cons. Justin promised we’d all be vaccinated by Sept, and here we are. Our Covid deaths are much lower per capita than many Western nations, and the government enacted assistance for households and businesses, preventing massive bankruptcies. I’ve no big complaints.

Something a bit lighter from 2008...

Me and Jack Layton.jpg

With 722 new cases in Ontario today (and rising) I wonder how this will impact the election.

The Liberals were doing an amazing job handling the pandemic while Justin was speaking moistly.

The Conservative provinces absconded themselves of all responsibilities and reopened everything as if the pandemic was over.

Now Ontario is in the midst of a wildfire situation in terms of case counts while Alberta isn't any better. Alberta reported 749 cases a couple days ago.

I wonder if rising cases will turn the election in the Liberals favor. No doubt people will flock to the party they know will help them over the one associated with rising case counts.

Back