News   Jul 16, 2024
 676     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 600     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 738     2 

44th Canadian Federal Election

I don't think the average university-educated Millennial will qualify for affordable housing units, and that is a huge chunk of the Millennial demographic.

The affordable housing dialogue does nothing to that huge swathe of the population, except place the cost burden of supplying those affordable units to the remaining market units that Millennial demographics are increasingly going into debt to afford.
But they won’t look at the details. They will just hear a campaign slogan and vote accordingly. 🥺

I don't think the average university-educated Millennial will qualify for affordable housing units, and that is a huge chunk of the Millennial demographic.

A good chunk of the left in this country seems to have forgotten about young people and the middle class. So the obsession with catering to those who are struggling. Strong Kathleen Wynne 2018 vibes here.

There's a lot of middle class millennials wondering what is the point of child care policies that don't deliver for 3-4 years, when they can't afford a home to start a family today. The Liberal answer basically amounts to, "Come talk to us when you're poorer and on the verge of homelessness."

The NDP plan is economically bonkers. But they at least have something they can take to these voters. The party that is most directly speaking to these voters right now is the CPC.

If one wants to see how much the Liberals are pandering to older voters, just look at the $500 gift to seniors, coming off a pandemic where millennials took all the large economic hits.

Last edited:
Well now, this is interesting:

1629752574403.png

Lets throw this one in too:

1629752991909.png

Last edited:
This is not the clear cut election justin thought it was. Liberal support in <50 demographic is cratering. Huge gains for NDP is also nice to see

Nanos following up ekos to show the libs and the cons are basically equal.

In general, I don't think Lorrie Goldstein is someone who I wish to platform. However, he conveniently put several polls in one tweet........

1629815342872.png

Back