News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 564     1 

44th Canadian Federal Election

Election polling is off to a curious start; 2 weeks ago, by and large, the Libs had a healthy lead over a seemingly flailing Conservative Party.

Today most polls are put the Libs/Cons within the margin of error of each other, or essentially tied.

This shows up as the Cons have added 1 or 2 points, the NDP have adding 4-5 points and that being shaved off the Liberal total.

1629504426888.png

1629504468508.png

1629504516733.png

All of the above are taken from: https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Among those putting out seat count models:

Lean Toss Up: 170 Lib (1 seat majority); Cons 107, NDP 30, BQ 29, Green 2

338 Canada : 156 Lib (minority), Cons 116, NDP 36, BQ 27, Greens 2

Calculated Politics: Libs 172 (2-seat majority), Cons 117, NDP 27, BQ 20, Greens 2

If it closes this much, I wonder if you see NDP support bleeding back to avoid a surprise conservative win.

I was noticing on one of the Conservative ads that they intend to bring back 1 million jobs as part of their platform.

Where have I heard that before....

The conservatives actually have quite a few more liberal policies this time around, matching the ndp on a bunch of pandemic related economic stuff. People are fed up with trudeau, regardless of how tight the polls are theres no way the cons can win a majority and hardly have a shot at a minority. I don't see the close polling numbers pushing NDP supporters to the liberals. The liberals are going to continue to shed votes if they cant come out with a platform and Trudeau has nothing to offer.

Election polling is off to a curious start; 2 weeks ago, by and large, the Libs had a healthy lead over a seemingly flailing Conservative Party.

Today most polls are put the Libs/Cons within the margin of error of each other, or essentially tied.

This shows up as the Cons have added 1 or 2 points, the NDP have adding 4-5 points and that being shaved off the Liberal total.

View attachment 343065

View attachment 343066

View attachment 343067

All of the above are taken from: https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Among those putting out seat count models:

Lean Toss Up: 170 Lib (1 seat majority); Cons 107, NDP 30, BQ 29, Green 2

338 Canada : 156 Lib (minority), Cons 116, NDP 36, BQ 27, Greens 2

Calculated Politics: Libs 172 (2-seat majority), Cons 117, NDP 27, BQ 20, Greens 2

This is a tough one as we have huge variance on the BQ in those polls. In one they are at 5% nationally and one they are at 8% nationally. There is a block of 20-30 seats where that swing pro-rated down to a provincial level means 20-30 seats go in play or not, depending on where those votes go. Does anyone have Quebec specific polling yet?

This election is becoming so unpredictable. At the start I would have assumed the liberals were taking a majority.

Now I'm wondering if Justin will resign if they lose..

This election is becoming so unpredictable. At the start I would have assumed the liberals were taking a majority.

I imagine this is Singh's last election with a child on the way. The NDP are picking up steam but in desperate lead of a more charismatic leader. The child is the perfect reason for him to step back and have someone else take the reigns.

The Greens are waaay behind in nominating candidates. For instance, they have pockets of support in Parkdale-High Park and Toronto-Danforth, but still haven't nominated anyone.

Typically a PM resigns when they lose office. Only way he wouldn't is if CPC gets a small minority just a bit larger than LPC outcome, and LPC could potentially govern with NDP. CPC may get first kick at the can to form government.

The Greens are waaay behind in nominating candidates. For instance, they have pockets of support in Parkdale-High Park and Toronto-Danforth, but still haven't nominated anyone.

I don't even think Annamie Paul is leaving Toronto to campaign because of a lack of funds.

Back