News   Jun 25, 2024
 464     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 601     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     3 

44th Canadian Federal Election

The polls should have captured that though, right? I wonder if there was a last minute anti-Liberal switch not captured in the polls because of the election call on Sunday. The last polls had the NS Liberals with a 2% lead in popular vote over the PCs, but they are trending now to be under by 10%. That's a massive error for a poll to make, if all things were equal.

Doesn't look like the polls were that far off.

Here's the results from CBC NS

1629290220262.png

Ouch, the liberals really suffered.

Around the time the current Liberal leader became premier, it came out that he'd been convicted of impaired driving some years back.

Not an auspicious start.

Then as the campaign was set to get underway, a Liberal candidate was pressured into withdrawing over some 'boudoir' photos she had taken (that were knowingly published) a few years back.
The candidate had made the Libs aware and they were fine w/it, they were soft and artistic, except they changed their minds.
Said candidate then accused the party of bullying her........

Not helpful.

Then, the PCs ran to the left of the Liberals with promises for gobs of new healthcare spending, including truly universal mental healthcare, higher immigration with a goal of NS population growing to 2 million, and more provincial parks.

Very curious campaign.

Around the time the current Liberal leader became premier, it came out that he'd been convicted of impaired driving some years back.

Not an auspicious start.

Then as the campaign was set to get underway, a Liberal candidate was pressured into withdrawing over some 'boudoir' photos she had taken (that were knowingly published) a few years back.
The candidate had made the Libs aware and they were fine w/it, they were soft and artistic, except they changed their minds.
Said candidate then accused the party of bullying her........

Not helpful.

Then, the PCs ran to the left of the Liberals with promises for gobs of new healthcare spending, including truly universal mental healthcare, higher immigration with a goal of NS population growing to 2 million, and more provincial parks.

Very curious campaign.

The Ontario Liberal Party was the right-leaning party in the 1960s and 1970s, with Robarts and Davis running to their left.

It wasn’t so much the OLP moving left (they really didn’t) but the PCPO moving considerably to the right starting with Frank Miller in 1985-86.

Having an even more divided parliament with multiple possible coalition blocks would be something.
I am skeptical of that EKOS poll showing PPC at 4% (+2%).
I'm not. I can see PPC getting a big Covid-spurred freedumb-vote boost. But not enough to win seats--more to score a bunch of imagined "moral victories". Sort of like Faith Goldy's mayoral run: a coalition of the trolls...

Between that and the Willy Wonka debacle I am starting to wonder if anyone on the right has a proper campaign in place.

It seems as though they are grasping at straws and using stock images as their own because they have nothing else.

Jeez.. if this keeps up the Conservatives and PPC will be emptying their campaign fund on lawsuits.

"20 years of agency experience in advertising and communications" and that was the best he could do?

You have to wonder the why bother aspect of this - he doesn't own a suit and couldn't find a place to get a promo shot of himself? I mean magnetic lasso is probably quicker but...why??

AoD

You'll probably find this a lot in the PPC camp: incompetent grifters with questionable CVs who like the idea of a party where they can be king-of-the-castle over the "haters" (i.e. those who call them out on their grifting incompetence).

Back