News   Jun 25, 2024
 378     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 561     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     3 

44th Canadian Federal Election

So, what are the big ticket promises being offered by the parties
I made note of the childcare aspect of the Conservative Platform above.

It does indeed appear they propose to renege on the Trudeau deal w/the provinces.

SMH.

Several deals are signed; Premiers have given ringing endorsements........

Maybe I'm misreading the public mood, but I don't see this is as a good play.

LOL. They really don't want to win, do they?

I don't really see a reason right now as to why I shouldn't vote Liberal.

Nova Scotia provincial election results are coming in, and it looks like the polls and seat projections were way off. Could this be the same at the federal level? Are polls reliable over the summer?

Nova Scotia provincial election results are coming in, and it looks like the polls and seat projections were way off. Could this be the same at the federal level? Are polls reliable over the summer?
Sounds like it might be a bit of a case of the parties inverting. The PCs campaigned on a fairly left wing platform compared to the governing Liberals.

Sounds like it might be a bit of a case of the parties inverting. The PCs campaigned on a fairly left wing platform compared to the governing Liberals.
The polls should have captured that though, right? I wonder if there was a last minute anti-Liberal switch not captured in the polls because of the election call on Sunday. The last polls had the NS Liberals with a 2% lead in popular vote over the PCs, but they are trending now to be under by 10%. That's a massive error for a poll to make, if all things were equal.

It also helps when the PC leader disowns the CPC and Erin O'Toole multiple times and emphasizes just how progressive he is!

Back