News   Jul 23, 2024
 243     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 342     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 1.3K     3 

'400' List Discussions: 400ft +, Status, Usage, Master Projects

Re: Toronto's 400 ft +

1 King is still underconstruction though the hotel is kind of open.

HVE 1 & 2 are done - many units already occupied on all floors

Watch as the status of HVE II magically changes!

EDIT: And for anyone wondering where it stands in the ranking, it's the 12 tallest building in Toronto (including 1 King West, and excluding the infamous CN Tower).

Canada, like the rest of the world, uses the metric system. WHY ARE BUILDING HEIGHTS IN THIS POST LISTED IN FEET AND NOT METERS!!!!????????

check out www.emporis.com for an updated skyscraper listing be city, country, continent, world...

In Canada it's spelled 'metres'.

This isn't an official list, but just a list compiled by Canuck. It's his list, he can classify it in any way he chooses.

Yeesh. Take a chill pill.

Canada, like the rest of the world, uses the metric system. WHY ARE BUILDING HEIGHTS IN THIS POST LISTED IN FEET AND NOT METERS!!!!????????
Meh, why not? Besides 1,000 feet just has a nicer ring to it than 300 & some-odd metres.

check out www.emporis.com for an updated skyscraper listing be city, country, continent, world...
They're only as good as they have accurate counters... that is to say North America is pretty well covered but it gets a bit spotty after that. I used that site for the compilation of this list (though I mostly relied on Toronto-centric lists), but I am disapointed that you can no longer sort by building status.

"Canada, like the rest of the world, uses the metric system."

Yet most Canadians recognize imperial measurements a lot better than metric ones. Living next to the U.S., it'll take a few more generations for metric to fully take over here in daily usage.

Well I am Canadian and I find we are a mix of metric and imperial.
We discuss people's height in feet but I but I think of temperature and distance exclusively in the metric system. When I visit the US I have to get used to their systems. I do still order a "pint" of beer though... not a "litre". :)

As Tplanner noted, heights (even storeys) at Cityplace are moving targets.

I thought it was generally agreed that HVE2 ended up @ 51 storeys.

Did 18 Yonge get missed? It will be at least 450', just shy of Spire.

3Dementia,

I rechecked the three sources I most frequently gather information from:
www.torontohighrise.info/
www.urbandb.com/
www.emporis.com/en/

For all three sites the information is consistent (not that it would be surprising, as I suspect the three 'share' information, regardless)
The listed # of floors at HVE II is 49.
No height is given for 18 Yonge.

If 18 Yonge is ~450 feet, and yet it's only a 39 story building, do you (or does anyone) know why this building would have such large floor-to-ceiling heights relative to other typical Toronto condos? If I had to guess it's height judging from precedence I'd peg it between 380-395.

Is it a 39 storey building on top of the 4 storey garage or 39 floors total? I also seem to recall hearing quite a while back that it's height will be very close to SP!RE's.

Canuck:

Though my memory is fully operational for less than 24 hours at a time (though I do remember Doreen in Grade 2... man was she hot!), I vaguely recall that Anthony Sun's skypage drawing was based on an actual elevation. That is probably the reference I was thinking of... not sure 'cause... I forget.

Tony's drawing rings in at around 440' or so.

... however given the above confession...

Ok. Well if anyone with direct (i.e. has the paper work sitting in front of them or could access it easily) knowledge would like to chime in, now would be a good time.

Canuck: Here's the height for the Ritz Carlton from the G&M:

The Ritz-Carlton Toronto, The Residences at the Ritz-Carlton

Tale of the tape 53 storeys, 213 metres tall

The gimmick From the 26th floor upward, the south wall slopes forward, giving the building a Leaning-Tower-of-Pisa aesthetic

The bucks While the 267 hotel rooms and suites are not for sale, the 135 apartments are: Prices climb from $700,000 all the way up to $11 million, the latter for the top-floor penthouse

The bling Toronto's first official five-star hotel; the base of the building is home to ballrooms and an expansive 23,000-square-foot spa, all surrounded by glass "to create a sense of interaction between the street and the lobby." Most floors restrict the number of apartments to four

Cool, so it's just shy of 699 feet, up from initial reports of 666 feet.

Back