News   Jul 23, 2024
 94     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 208     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 988     2 

'400' List Discussions: 400ft +, Status, Usage, Master Projects

Re: Toronto's 400 ft +

There's one proposed building not on that list...in fact I don't think anyone's picked up on it at all. Application is in, someone just needs to do some digging.

Well if you're not going to share, shut it.

Ed: You got it. Fills the parking lot at on the Northwest corner of Adelaide/University. 65 stories - not sure of the exact height.

Mike in T.O.: Not that I'm aware of.

SGM: But I like seeing the rampant speculation that goes on around here. Sheesh.

Fills the parking lot at on the Northwest corner of Adelaide/University. 65 stories

Great news on this lot.

Tplanner,

Interesting that the Four Seasons makes the splashy announcement without actually having made an application whereas Shangri-La actually goes through the planning process before doing a media blitz.

I doubt all of these hotels will be built. There is no way the market con absorb all these units and sales may lag when interest rates start creeping up this fall (Bank of Canada will announce rates on Sept 7, Oct 18 and Dec 6 - most analysts forecast 2 or 3 hikes over that period)

Tplanner - since you may be privy to some information any chance of obtaining the actual height data in meters or feet for the Ritz (I'm surprised it was never announced since it is such a large tower).... or HVE1 or RoCP2... those are some fairly substantial towers that no one seems to actually have the height data for.

I always hoped something significant would be built on that lot. Shangri-La in Vancouver will be the tallest in the city @ 646 Feet with 61 floors so the Toronto tower (if similar ceiling heights are used) will be approx. 690 feet.

Fills the parking lot at on the Northwest corner of Adelaide/University. 65 stories

Cue the Five Alive music and dance. :)

That is one of the most visible undeveloped parking lots in the downtown being on University. Hopefully the project deals with the utility building on the site, I can't tell since I don't see the application showing up in the Toronto website search yet... it doesn't look like it has been to community council yet.

It will be cool if they use a Vancouver architect (i.e. Thom), just to add a little variety.

And this thread has been hijacked. Somebody find the plans (GB, you have always come through) and start a new thread. ;)

Screw the plans.... I'll start a new thread now... ensuring the rampant speculation that so delights tplanner.

I'll update Minto (I'm not sure if they've started pouring concrete, but meh, I'll include in Under Construction) and I'll create a listing for Shangri-La.

The Mies style modern at Jarvis and Charles?
That application was denied, so unless it's re-submitted or appealed I officially declare it dead and off this list.

Question for those in the know: Is the Festival Tower in sales? I know I've seen plenty of ads, but I'm not sure if they're still actively selling the project or if it's on hold for some reason.

Oh, and how about Pinnacle Building C?

For festival tower I thought they now have two levels of government funding for the project so I am surprised it hasn't progressed forward to condo sales... they must still be waiting for some donations.

Shangri-La is Hong Kong based, and the Vancouver tower designed by James Cheng is their first in North America. A handsome building in the contemporary style, free from ridiculous Stinsonian headgear, it had to undergo a design review of course:

www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/.../may26.htm

They are taking down names on a preliminary list (Daniels Festival Tower) and are asking $1000 to be moved up as a priority buyer with an first glimpse opportunity at units.

I would speculate a launch of the project just prior to this years film festival - that kind of timing for a launch seems appropriate for this project.

Back