News   Jul 23, 2024
 94     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 208     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 989     2 

'400' List Discussions: 400ft +, Status, Usage, Master Projects

Re: Toronto's 400 ft +

Tplanner - since you may be privy to some information any chance of obtaining the actual height data in meters or feet for the Ritz (I'm surprised it was never announced since it is such a large tower).... or HVE1 or RoCP2... those are some fairly substantial towers that no one seems to actually have the height data for

Ritz looks to be 203m to the tippy tippy top of the building. The other ones I have no idea. Building heights in Cityplace tend to be moving targets.

I'll update that height for the Ritz. I know there was talk about it being the 4th tallest in the city, and although I never fully believed it I wanted to hope beyond hope it was going to be true.

The Minto south tower is under construction. Crane is in place and the first underground floor is well underway.

Sales were put on hold for The Pointe so they could sell the south tower Quantum first. I don't think the Point is under construction yet, but it is excavated.

Ok, let me know if this is correct:

Festival Tower - Not Currently Selling
Pinnacle Centre C - Not Currently Selling
The Pointe - Not Currently Selling, Excavated but not Fully Under Construction
The South Minto Tower - Under Construction but not tall enough to make this list.

I thinkt the Pointe is selling. The sales centre looks open unless they are only selling the south tower still.

Ritz Carlton Hotel [Simcoe Place] - 666 ft. 53 floors

That is a far cry from being the 4th tallest in the city.

It is a strange claim for them to make. If they are going to be so far off why didn't they just say it was going to be the tallest in the city...same difference but bigger splash.

they should of advertised as the fourth tallest hotel in
the city after sapphire,trump,and shangri la

I'm still hoping Sapphire gets built, for the simple reason of location. A *properly done* project in this location, of the height proposed by Stinson, will have the greatest impact on the North-South skyline.

Now, I realize "properly done" might be a bit of a stretch.

I really believe this will get built, just maybe not anytime soon.

Prior to Tplanner's post about the height of the Ritz Carlton I had already emailed Ritz Carlton for the height. Here is the response:

"Thank you so much for your interest in The Ritz-Carlton. All the information that we are willing to share with the public is posted on The Ritz-Carlton website. Information on The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto may be found at www.ritzcarlton.com/hotel...ault.html"

Kind regards,
Susan

Susan Bilchik
Corporate Sales & Marketing
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
4445 Willard Avenue, #800
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815
Direct line: (301) 547-4758
Facsimile: (301) 547-4722

Basically a cop out. The website is not that informative.

Is HVE I completed?
Is College Park II under construction?

^I haven't heard anything about residents moving into HVE 1, but the crane was gone and all of the mechanical on the top was finished back in april or earlier. I would think that interior work on the upper floors may still be possible, but in general construction is complete.

As for ROCP II, I read in the condo guide they were going ahead with the underground parking garage for the tower and had sales of 83% so I say its a done deal and that construction has begun, but thats my opinion.

Ok, in the interests of changing things up and me wanting to kill 5 minutes - I'll make those changes.

As well, what's up with 1 King - done or not?

Back