News   Aug 13, 2024
 200     0 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 391     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1K     2 

2022/24 Russian-Ukrainian War

That's where me and you differ. Turmoil in Russia is peace for the rest. They weren't invading their neighbours in the 1990s.

Which is why I think this is a false flag. It's too convenient a cover for all the things they want to do.

Disagree. I for one will accept some turmoil to see the end of Russian imperialism for good. People are only scared of this because they can't imagine a world without the Russian Empire. A century ago the same was said about the British and French empires.

All good points but something to consider is that Russia has their hands on a very big nuclear button.

Turmoil is good and Russia does need a change of leadership however there needs to be stability where the worlds largest nuclear arsenal is concerned.

As well, they have their hand in alot of different aspects of geo-politics, a destabilized Russia could mean a destabilized situation elsewhere. If anything this would be akin to the collapse of the USSR.

All good points but something to consider is that Russia has their hands on a very big nuclear button.

Turmoil is good and Russia does need a change of leadership however there needs to be stability where the worlds largest nuclear arsenal is concerned.

I'm less worried about Russian nukes than Pakistani nukes. The US and EU will buy up and decommission Russian nukes if they have to. Most likely whatever is left of Muscovy will get the nukes.

As well, they have their hand in alot of different aspects of geo-politics, a destabilized Russia could mean a destabilized situation elsewhere. If anything this would be akin to the collapse of the USSR.

The collapse of the USSR led to a substantial decrease in conflict and a substantial increase in prosperity for a number of ex-Communist states. It also kicked off the economic booms of countries like India and China as Soviet economic influence ended. I would think somebody with roots in Eastern Europe would understand this.

I'm less worried about Russian nukes than Pakistani nukes. The US and EU will buy up and decommission Russian nukes if they have to. Most likely whatever is left of Muscovy will get the nukes.

The collapse of the USSR led to a substantial decrease in conflict and a substantial increase in prosperity for a number of ex-Communist states. It also kicked off the economic booms of countries like India and China as Soviet economic influence ended. I would think somebody with roots in Eastern Europe would understand this.

It also led to Georgian Separatists and Chechen Rebels.

It also led to Georgian Separatists and Chechen Rebels.

One of my few regrets in life is not understanding and supporting those causes. Much of what we think about those causes was shaped by Russian propaganda. I was in my teens then. So I understand better now.

Do you know who Dzhokar Duadyev is?

The man is revered in Estonia for refusing to crush Estonian dissidents. He was a former Soviet general and the first President of the independent Chechnyan Republic. Watch this and tell me if this man sounds like a terrorist:

The world would be a more peaceful place today if we had listened to people like him.

The ministry said Russia’s situation had likely been worsened by “tensions between the Russian ministry of defence and Wagner Group, both of whom contribute troops in the sector”.
Well, it looks like Wagner will soon be out the picture, so the Russian ministry of defence can do what they want.

Yeah sounds like bluster to me. Or he's just scared he'll be leaving Bakhmut anyway when Ukraine kicks them out.....

Reactions: DSC
Yeah sounds like bluster to me. Or he's just scared he'll be leaving Bakhmut anyway when Ukraine kicks them out.....
I think as one of the only Russian senior commanders seemingly this close to the front, he sees the writing on the wall and wants to both deflect blame and bug out before he's cut off.

Back