News   Jul 22, 2024
 590     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 628     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

I don't believe you. I don't believe anyone is bigoted enough or evil enough to support that wife-beating bigot, once they are aware of that stuff. I believe that those who still support him are ignorant. And I don't believe your ignorant.

So why troll us?

Especially now with the contents of that statement of claim - even if only a small part of it turns out to be true - its despicable and disgusting behavior for anyone... especially for a Mayor.

gbdbRzw.jpg

The reverse

Stolen from reddit.

I forget which thread on this forum the discussion was at, but someone today referenced the idea of imposing a fare plan that varies depending on your TTC usage, that sounds a lot like the last point.

Also neat re-branding of the DRL as 'Commuters Line'.

Last edited:
gbdbRzw.jpg

The reverse

Stolen from reddit.

I forget which thread on this forum the discussion was at, but someone today referenced the idea of imposing a fare plan that varies depending on your TTC usage, that sounds a lot like the last point.

Interesting that Soknacki labels the Scarborough Subway as just a stub but it's not a stub as it's an extension of a massive subway line that is running on peak ridership. The Sheppard Subway is, in fact, a stub. Just sayin'.

Nice to blame Ford and Stintz for raising fares, but does he have a plan to pay to freeze fares?

Next year we are looking at around a 14% property tax increase thanks to Ford and with no "efficiencies" left to cut, there will be no freezing of any fares in the next couple of years.

Clever thing about Ford: if someone tries to fling the Reaganesque "are you better off than four years ago" argument at him, he'd counter with "but it's all Council's fault".

But the thing about Ford is that nothing is ever his fault. He couldn't man up to such an admission: he doesn't have the stones to do so. The bully turns into the victim turns back into the bully, whenever it suits him; rinse and repeat, ad nauseam.

gbdbRzw.jpg

The reverse

Stolen from reddit.

Great, another liar running for office. The Scarborough subway extension will have ridership well into what makes a subway cost effective. It will operate with a surplus as well.

Luckily this man has about as much chance of becoming a mayor as I do (I'm not even running).

The Scarborough subway extension will have ridership well into what makes a subway cost effective.

How is replacing a 6 stop subway with a 3 stop subway an advantage?

It will operate with a surplus as well.

How do you know this?

How is replacing a 6 stop subway with a 3 stop subway an advantage?

How do you know this?

A 6 stop LRT* not subway.

The TTC has run the numbers and they're positive. I won't bother looking up the articles, but please be my guest - Google is your friend.

I can't help but wish that Soknacki also listed that TTC services were cut twice by Ford/Stintz. It's amazing how many people are willing to label them as transit builders when they are actually transit cutters.

Back