821     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 713     0 

We Will Rock You/Hotel combo?

CliffColeclough

Member Bio
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this?

A friend of mine wants to book a theatre show (We will rock you) and a hotel for one night - does anyone know where they could find deals that would combine the two? I found a special on the "We will rock you" web site but it ends this week and she wants to book for sometime in June. Any ideas?

Or you can order online with 20% off on performances from May 8 - July 8, Tues, Wed, Thrus 8pm and Sun 2pm only.

Discount code: ROCKWEAR07

I have bought the tickets for Aug performances, but the show's selling up to July only...oh man, I hope they are not going to cancel or something...I'm will be &^%$&#$!

Thanks for everyones help. It looks like they will be able to get the discounted tickets; but I was unable to find a package deal with any hotel chain along with the tickets. The discounted tickets will certainly save some $$ and that was the bottom line they were looking for. Thanks again!

That's not allowed. You have to complain about it. Say the audience wasn't dressed well enough and how that's just soooo typical of Torontonians.

Or that it was the usual dystopian Ben Elton schtick, incorporating an '80's greatest hits package that could hardly miss with a target audience as wide as Field Marshal Complainer's ...

Well, this show will be in trouble if the audiences are all yanks...cause too many Canadian cultures are injected in the content...

As you wish....the only complaint I have about it is that it has left out some very good songs...oh well...can't have everything...

That's not allowed. You have to complain about it. Say the audience wasn't dressed well enough and how that's just soooo typical of Torontonians.

Perhaps he'll argue that it was all Americans in the audience. :p

Wow, that was incredibly disrespectful!! I'm assuming these comments were meant for me, cuz I think I'm the only one who has made a comment relating to this topic. I just found this now and instead of making backhanded comments about me like a coward in a completely unrelated thread, why don't you direct your snide comments towards me in the approppriate thread? Wow, what a lack of class...
I never said all Americans are dressed better than Torontonians did I? I said New Yorkers overall, but thanks for your obvious strawman.
If you guys want the forum filled with strictly Toronto yes-men, and not a balanced one with some criticism, then I feel sorry for you.

Re the thread title: yes, it'd be intriguing to go into a hotel where every employee was a clone of Freddie Mercury

Wow, that was incredibly disrespectful!! I'm assuming these comments were meant for me, cuz I think I'm the only one who has made a comment relating to this topic. I just found this now and instead of making backhanded comments about me like a coward in a completely unrelated thread, why don't you direct your snide comments towards me in the approppriate thread? Wow, what a lack of class...
I never said all Americans are dressed better than Torontonians did I? I said New Yorkers overall, but thanks for your obvious strawman.
If you guys want the forum filled with strictly Toronto yes-men, and not a balanced one with some criticism, then I feel sorry for you.

There was no insult directed at you in my post. Just wait a second and calm down, poppajojo. Breathe... breathe...

The comment was directed at the post directly above mine (as should have been implied by the lack of quoting any other posts), by one "MajorComplainer". He made a wholly positive comment about the show, hence a joke about him not being allowed to make a comment that isn't a complaint. After all, he is MajorComplainer.

I used an example of Torontonians dressing at the theatre because it was the first thing that popped into my head and seemed like something that I could see MajorComplainer complaining about (not a complaint about the performance, but a general "what's wrong with this city?!?" complaint). I can see from your profile that you joined the forum in June. I don't know if you were around before that, but Urban Toronto has been around for over 5 years and I can assure you that there have been several discussions in the past about the dressing habits of Torontonians. Heck, I even recall a comment from back when specifically stating that Torontonians don't dress well enough at the theatre (it might have even been by miketoronto). I wouldn't be surprised if there's even been articles about this topic in our self-loathing local newspapers.

Although I was aware about the recent discussion about dressing habits that you took part in, I really didn't care and didn't even read that discussion.

So, I hope I have convinced you that not only was it not an insult directed at you, but that I wasn't even thinking about you or your discussion when I made it. As for Darkstar, he seems to be joking in his post here that Americans would have been the poor dressers, the exact opposite of what you are saying your argument was.

That said, I really think it would be wise to try and remain calm and not assume that another forum member is insulting you. Especially when it's a post from someone who didn't even take part in the original discussion, doesn't make reference to the original discussion, and does so in an entirely different thread.

So, I hope I have convinced you that not only was it not an insult directed at you, but that I wasn't even thinking about you or your discussion when I made it. As for Darkstar, he seems to be joking in his post here that Americans would have been the poor dressers, the exact opposite of what you are saying your argument was.

That said, I really think it would be wise to try and remain calm and not assume that another forum member is insulting you. Especially when it's a post from someone who didn't even take part in the original discussion, doesn't make reference to the original discussion, and does so in an entirely different thread.

I understand what you're saying, but your post was really random and it may not have been directed at me, but I would think it was directed at the discussion that I started only a few days before. I've only been on this forum a few months before June, but I think that is enough time and I haven't seen another discussion on this matter. This isn't really a popular topic of discussion so I'm not sure where you could've gotten such a random point that completely mirrors counter to mine, you said it was from past discussions here so I'll believe you. I thought Darkstar was replying to you referring to majorcomplainer and that would mean he was referring to Americans being better dressed than Canadians. That being said, I apologize for overreacting since yours was a light comment not meant with any weight.

I understand what you're saying, but your post was really random and it may not have been directed at me, but I would think it was directed at the discussion that I started only a few days before. I've only been on this forum a few months before June, but I think that is enough time and I haven't seen another discussion on this matter. This isn't really a popular topic of discussion so I'm not sure where you could've gotten such a random point that completely mirrors counter to mine, you said it was from past discussions here so I'll believe you. I thought Darkstar was replying to you referring to majorcomplainer and that would mean he was referring to Americans being better dressed than Canadians. That being said, I apologize for overreacting since yours was a light comment not meant with any weight.

Do as CDL.TO suggested: breathe... breathe...

...before posting.

No disrespect intended (just some teasing).

Back