News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.6K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 671     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Vladimir Putin's Russian Federation

Russia 'hired network of Britons to go after enemies of Putin'

Exclusive: MPs who drew up Russia report suppressed by PM were told of ‘infiltration’

Luke Harding and Dan Sabbagh
Mon 9 Mar 2020 13.49 GMT

Russia has been accused of hiring a network of British politicians and consultants to help advance its criminal interests and to “go after” Vladimir Putin’s enemies in London, MPs who drew up the Russia report suppressed by Boris Johnson were told.

In secret evidence submitted to parliament’s intelligence and security committee (ISC), the campaigner and financier Bill Browder claimed Moscow had been able to “infiltrate” UK society by using well-paid British intermediaries.

Coronavirus: Russia uses facial recognition to tackle Covid-19

As Russian cities go into lockdown to try to contain coronavirus, Moscow is using the latest technology to keep track of residents.

City officials are using a giant network of tens of thousands of cameras - installed with facial recognition software - which they plan to couple with digital passes on people’s mobile phones. It’s prompted concern about whether such widespread surveillance will ever be rolled back.

I would wager 500$ that Putin does not last til his death. I don't think he'd want to anyway...whichever way he comes to meet his end.

I think he'll cut and run if shit gets hairy, which it likely will because that whole operation is a house of cards, ready to collapse in on itself.

COVID-19 will be Putin's ultimate ordeal.

Not quite. That would be the criminal oligarchy that he helped set up. Et tu, Brutus.....know what I mean?

If he fails, then the good people of Russia should choose a new leader, preferably one who isn't a quasi-dictator like Putin.

They ultimately don't care enough as a people. They have been resigned to top-down nonsense for at least two centuries.

This is a direct paraphrase from one of my best mates who is a Russian immigrant to Canada, don't take it from me....I'm just some guy.

One can hope but the history of Russian governance suggests otherwise.

It's actually a bit of a tragedy. While the people of Russia have achieved a great many great things over the centuries, their potential could be properly met if they weren't living in an authoritarian kleptocracy.

Coronavirus in Russia: The Latest News | April 25

Russia confirmed 5,849 new coronavirus infections Friday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 68,622. Overall, 615 people have been killed by the virus.

Moscow authorities will not ease the city's self-isolation orders during the May holidays which include Labor Day and Victory Day, the mayor's office said. Meanwhile, the head of Russia’s consumer health watchdog argued self-isolation should be extended by at least another two weeks, until the middle of May.

Coronavirus: Putin admits PPE shortage as lockdown extended

Russian President Vladimir Putin has admitted that there is a shortage of protective kit for medics as the country battles the coronavirus.

This was despite a big increase in production and imports, he said.

Mr Putin warned that the peak of the coronavirus infection rate had not yet been reached in the country, and the population must remain vigilant.

Russia's lockdown aimed at containing the spread of Covid-19 was extended until 11 May.

It has more than 93,000 coronavirus cases, with 867 recorded deaths.

So, recently a statue of Marshall Konev has come down in Prague (finally!) and now there are reports of Russian agents being intercepted entering Czechia with ricin, presumably aimed at poisoning three magistrate politicians responsible for seeing through the removal of the statue. Politicians from three different parties (Pirate, ODS, and TOP 09).

Russia is now complaining of anti-Russian Czech press.

Wankers.

Bye, bye Konev.

Sorry, the only source I have is:

Don't Get Caught

D
So, recently a statue of Marshall Konev has come down in Prague (finally!) and now there are reports of Russian agents being intercepted entering Czechia with ricin, presumably aimed at poisoning three magistrate politicians responsible for seeing through the removal of the statue. Politicians from three different parties (Pirate, ODS, and TOP 09).

Russia is now complaining of anti-Russian Czech press.

Wankers.

Bye, bye Konev.

Sorry, the only source I have is:

Don't Get Caught

Disgusting behaviour. And what exactly would assassinating a few municipal politicians in a foreign country solve?

Back