News   Mar 28, 2024
 81     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 223     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Vladimir Putin's Russian Federation

Realistically speaking Russia hasn't been even remotely Democratic since Boris Yeltsin left office. As much as he was a drunken oaf most of the time Boris was great for Russia despite outlawing the Communist party of the Russia.

Todays Russia is nowhere near democratic, hell Putin even brought back the red star for the military.

Russia is more autocratic today than it has been since 1991. That all started when Putin came into office.

That being said, the only thing separting current day Russia from the USSR is a hammer and sickle. If the EU begins to falter expect Russia to expand. I can see the former warsaw block countries aligning themselves with Russia if the EU begins to involve themselves in the internal affairs of other countries.

As for Putin, he is a former KGB agent and I wouldn't be surprised if he is part of a larger plot to restore the USSR. Conspiracy theory yes but it fits his profile and that of the former KGB.

Mark my words, the Hammer and Sickle will fly over the Kremlin within the next 5 years
As @SunriseChampion said, Putin restored the music of the Soviet anthem to be used in the current Russian national anthem, which is very unsurprising.

Polish PM furious at Putin rewriting history of second world war

Mateusz Morawiecki attacks Russian president’s ‘lies’ blaming Poland for start of war

Shaun Walker Central and eastern Europe correspondent
Mon 30 Dec 2019 17.05 GMT

Poland versus Putin: Dispute over history

Polish PM Morawiecki has slammed Russian President Putin's claims that Poland is partly responsible for WWII. The row touches on both countries' images at home and abroad. Magdalena Gwozdz-Pallokat reports from Warsaw.

Angela Merkel and Vladmir Putin push ahead with pipeline

The Russian and German leaders have confirmed that the controversial Nord Stream 2 pipeline will start operating, despite US sanctions. Merkel also announced that Berlin would soon host Libya ceasefire talks.

Libya talks to be held in Moscow in diplomatic coup for Putin

Summit will bring together two sides in civil war and confirms Russia’s increasing influence

Patrick Wintour Diplomatic editor
Mon 13 Jan 2020 10.58 GMT

Russian PM and government quit as Putin proposes constitutional changes

President, due to step down in 2024, suggests two-term limit for successors

Andrew Roth in Moscow
Wed 15 Jan 2020 14.05 GMT

Vladimir Putin has proposed changes to Russia’s constitution that would limit the power of a potential successor if he steps down in 2024, indicating he may occupy a beefed-up role as Russia’s prime minister or in the government’s state council.

In a televised speech before senior officials, Putin suggested amending Russia’s constitution to limit a future president to two terms in office – he has served four – tightening residency requirements for presidential candidates, and letting parliament choose candidates for prime minister and the cabinet, in effect weakening the presidency.

Shortly after the speech, the prime minister, Dmitri Medvedev, said that Russia’s government would resign in full, allowing Putin to appoint new ministers as he embarks on a sweeping reshuffle of Russia’s leadership. Medvedev, who also announced his intention to step down, was appointed to a new position as the deputy chairman of Russia’s Security Council, which is headed by Putin.

Looks like Putin is moving towards pushing more power to a loyalist parliament vs the presidency- the opposite of Xi’s recent moves in China.

Not a bad move, since he’s nearly 70 already.

Poland versus Putin: Dispute over history

Polish PM Morawiecki has slammed Russian President Putin's claims that Poland is partly responsible for WWII. The row touches on both countries' images at home and abroad. Magdalena Gwozdz-Pallokat reports from Warsaw.

Chamberlain is partly responsible for WWII, if anything. *spits*

Who is Mikhail Mishustin — Russia's next prime minister?

He's led the Russian tax authority since 2010 but Mikhail Mishustin has never been considered a high-profile politician. Until now. So who exactly is Vladimir Putin's pick to head the Russian government?

Yeah, got Gazprom all up on my Schalke kit. Which is not as weird as why do Spartak Moskva have Rosneft on theirs? ?

Did you want to explain something to me? Use football so I can understand. ;)

Back when I was still in school, I got a Lokomotiv Moscow jersey as a Christmas gift from a Russian girl who went back home for the Holidays. I'm not a fan necessarily but it makes for a neat addition to the collection.

Locally, I'd be happy as long as we don't get Reliance Home Comfort, Fiera Foods or Deco Labels as the sponsor for TFC. ?

Back when I was still in school, I got a Lokomotiv Moscow jersey as a Christmas gift from a Russian girl who went back home for the Holidays. I'm not a fan necessarily but it makes for a neat addition to the collection.

Ok, if you had said CSKA, I'd have to stop talking to you in honour of my bestie who is from Moskva and used to be a certified nutter Spartak hoolie, complete with stab wound scars in his arm and all. hahahaha

Locally, I'd be happy as long as we don't get Reliance Home Comfort, Fiera Foods or Deco Labels as the sponsor for TFC. ?

Deco....fuuuuuuuuuuu ?

I'd be down with Mercedes or something equally class. I'm sick of the bank. I'm not even a customer anymore...I switched to Meridian....speaking of which, their name is popping up everywhere. Maybe they could outbid BMO for the kit sponsorship!

Back