News   May 01, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 350     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 361     0 

Verdale Condos, The (Remington Group) - Real Estate -

A friend of mine got an invite (Verdale 1) for the design appointment. That was like a month ago...

If you are curious, you should check with the customer representative manager.

Wow......so hopefully this whole levies fee will be settled before Verdale buyers have to close....and hopefully Verdale buyers will not have to face the same ridiculious fees

btw, the Client Service Manager is not very client friendly at all....a friend of mine asked about the long delay in occupancy of these buildings....she will just quote your purchase agreement and give you all these reasons why Remington has to take so much longer compare to other buildings in the area, and she has no sympathy to those who might have plans and need the new home, but tell you to read your agreement......

Wow......so hopefully this whole levies fee will be settled before Verdale buyers have to close....and hopefully Verdale buyers will not have to face the same ridiculious fees

btw, the Client Service Manager is not very client friendly at all....a friend of mine asked about the long delay in occupancy of these buildings....she will just quote your purchase agreement and give you all these reasons why Remington has to take so much longer compare to other buildings in the area, and she has no sympathy to those who might have plans and need the new home, but tell you to read your agreement......
Who did you talk to? I think we spoke with a woman called Dorothy (at least I think that was her name). She said that they wanted to be safe because they're only allowed to delay occupancy twice. And yes, I hope these levies are sorted out before we close as well, though I think our lawyer put a limit on the amount they can charge us.

any updates on the levies?

I have a feeling there may not have any further "public" updates as the developer would ONLY want to deal with the people that "raises their flag" but not other "regular, nice folks" that sits quietly and wait for things to happen.

Talk to your lawyers if you are waiting for stuff to happen. Your lawyers are working for you, not another person to scam you for money.

My 2 cents... I'm planning to go with the Scubs guy mentioned in the article to represent me with my unit.

Since occupancy isn't until november I will wait and probably have Shub as my lawyer. I don't have anything in my contract that places a limit on the amount of levy I could get charged.

December 4 2009 update

this update was long overdue ... arsei001, here's your Christmas present :D

Verdale 1 (Bldg 'G') - windows all in, balcony railing frames installed
Click to Enlarge

Verdale 2 (Bldg 'H') - windows up to 7th floor, balcony railing frames installed

Verdale 3 (Bldg 'I') - brick up to 11th floor, windows being installed on 1st floor

The 3 Verdale Towers Together - view along Verclaire Gate South

Balcony Railing Detail

Entrance Lobby Between Verdale 2+3

Entrance to Parking Garage showing the 3 addresses

Thanks for the update, Solaris. The buildings are actually starting to look decent.

Anyway, I dropped by the design studio awhile back and took some photos. Here're the colours/finishes they're offering for the Verdale buildings. You're allowed to mix and match from the palettes, but overall, I'm rather unimpressed.

Standard

2iw58io.png

s2heyp.png

2u4q9w5.png

Upgrade

2mnhsa1.png

20pzpzq.png

2j64qok.png

If we pay for upgrades, does that increase the cost of your condo such that you'll be paying higher property tax? Or is it a separate payment?

Don't know what the prices are. It'd be nice if someone who's gone to their appointment can post a list up.

Dear all Verdale G, H, I owner... I called the customer relationship manager yesterday and was in formed that Verdale H owners will get a letter of invitation to review the interior designs in the next 2 weeks.

Another exciting news is: Construction is ahead of schedule! Once they have a solid confirmation from construction department that they ABSOLUTELY do not need additional time to complete the building, they will send out a letter to owners to ask whoever is willing to move in early can do so.

Hopefully all the above holds true.

Dear all Verdale G, H, I owner... I called the customer relationship manager yesterday and was in formed that Verdale H owners will get a letter of invitation to review the interior designs in the next 2 weeks.

Another exciting news is: Construction is ahead of schedule! Once they have a solid confirmation from construction department that they ABSOLUTELY do not need additional time to complete the building, they will send out a letter to owners to ask whoever is willing to move in early can do so.

Hopefully all the above holds true.

My appointment is this Friday for G.

What you say is interesting about moving in early. If we occupy early does that mean we start paying occupancy fees ("rent" that does not go towards mortgage) for a longer period until all units are occupied before there is a closing date? I wouldn't want to occupy and start paying occupancy fees early unless if the closing date is moved up early too

I don't think you really have a choice when you move in VerdaleG ... basically you HAVE TO take occupancy whenever the builder gives the unit to you, and you start paying occupancy fees (aka rent) as soon as you are given the keys right up until the condominium is registered ~

unfortunately, our system is set up not in the interest of individual condo purchaser

Back