News   May 01, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 303     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 349     0 

Verdale Condos, The (Remington Group) - Real Estate -

My appointment is this Friday for G.

What you say is interesting about moving in early. If we occupy early does that mean we start paying occupancy fees ("rent" that does not go towards mortgage) for a longer period until all units are occupied before there is a closing date? I wouldn't want to occupy and start paying occupancy fees early unless if the closing date is moved up early too

Anyone from Building H receive these letters? And usually how long does it take from the time you select colours/materials to the time it's ready for move-in?

Anyone heard anymore updates about that levy fees? Is it safe to say thatl Verdale purchaser would not be asked to pay such high levy fees?

Anyone from Building H receive these letters? And usually how long does it take from the time you select colours/materials to the time it's ready for move-in?

Anyone heard anymore updates about that levy fees? Is it safe to say thatl Verdale purchaser would not be asked to pay such high levy fees?

I picked my finishes on Friday and last notice indicated occupancy in November. It took me about 1.5 hours but I've already been there to browse before.

And I think its safe to say that you have to pay levies unless there is any news that say we don't anymore. Why do you assume that we don't?

I picked my finishes on Friday and last notice indicated occupancy in November. It took me about 1.5 hours but I've already been there to browse before.

And I think its safe to say that you have to pay levies unless there is any news that say we don't anymore. Why do you assume that we don't?

I see, so I guess it's a good idea to go to the showroom and browse through the selections ahead of time to get some ideas? I drove by the site yesterday and the security guard said they are going to start moving people in in G in March/April......

What I meant about the levies is whether we'll be asked to pay the huge amount in the $7000-10,000 like the purchasers from Bijou......or will the case be settled by then, so that all Verdale purchasers' levies are capped to a maximum in the $3000s instead...........

Would you be able to give us an idea as to the upgrade price list? I'm especially interested in the hardwood upgrade. I also really wanted white kitchen cabinets and was surprised they didn't offer that as a standard option...

Would you be able to give us an idea as to the upgrade price list? I'm especially interested in the hardwood upgrade. I also really wanted white kitchen cabinets and was surprised they didn't offer that as a standard option...

hardwood is upgrade? I thought that was standard......or is the standard hardwood they are giving us not that great?

hardwood is upgrade? I thought that was standard......or is the standard hardwood they are giving us not that great?
It's an upgrade in the bedrooms (and maybe den? I'm not sure, will need to double check). If you look back a few pages, you'll see the hardwood options. I, personally, prefer the Cosmopolitan flooring over the red tones of the standard offerings.

I see, so I guess it's a good idea to go to the showroom and browse through the selections ahead of time to get some ideas? I drove by the site yesterday and the security guard said they are going to start moving people in in G in March/April......

What I meant about the levies is whether we'll be asked to pay the huge amount in the $7000-10,000 like the purchasers from Bijou......or will the case be settled by then, so that all Verdale purchasers' levies are capped to a maximum in the $3000s instead...........

All,

Latest news regarding the levy tax. I called the lawyer noted on the article and was going to use them to represent me. I asked for updates on Bijou's case... The builder offered to the owners a "refund" and applied the $3000 cap for those who accepted the refund. Some clients took it and some didn't. For those who didn't are continuing with the case and try to get EVERY DOLLAR of the levy tax back.

Hope this helps.

All,

Latest news regarding the levy tax. I called the lawyer noted on the article and was going to use them to represent me. I asked for updates on Bijou's case... The builder offered to the owners a "refund" and applied the $3000 cap for those who accepted the refund. Some clients took it and some didn't. For those who didn't are continuing with the case and try to get EVERY DOLLAR of the levy tax back.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update......I also planned to have that same lawyer firm to do my closing.....afterall, they've had experience with it, so in case if Remington tries to pull something else on Verdale purchasers.......haha........

any one got quotes from other lawyer firms on how much it would cost? Is it about $1000 for closing a standard condo like Verdale??

Thanks for the update......I also planned to have that same lawyer firm to do my closing.....afterall, they've had experience with it, so in case if Remington tries to pull something else on Verdale purchasers.......haha........

any one got quotes from other lawyer firms on how much it would cost? Is it about $1000 for closing a standard condo like Verdale??

I called this morning for a quotation, he quoted me with $1099 + title charge ($100) + ontario land transfer tax. Try their online quotation tool.

Verdale H owner, got a letter (Dated: Jan 28, 2010) for a visitation (not an appointment) today.

Sorry for being clueless, but what's a visitation? Is it to the design cetnre or the construction site?

It's just to visit the design centre to see what offerings there are with colour/cabinet/flooring/upgrades selection, so you get an idea of what you like or want already. Then at the actual appointment, that's when you have to make the decision to finalize your pick, but I don't think they will give you that much time during the appointment to look and think.

It's just to visit the design centre to see what offerings there are with colour/cabinet/flooring/upgrades selection, so you get an idea of what you like or want already. Then at the actual appointment, that's when you have to make the decision to finalize your pick, but I don't think they will give you that much time during the appointment to look and think.
Have you gone already? When I dropped by a few months ago they wouldn't show me the pricelist, which wasn't very helpful. =/

Have you gone already? When I dropped by a few months ago they wouldn't show me the pricelist, which wasn't very helpful. =/

I haven't been yet, but now that they have sent out invitation letters I am sure they have all the prices and selections ready.....afterall, they will want tol try to sell the upgrade options to purchaser.....

Pictures of the finishes from the Visitation Appointment

Went to the design centre for the visitation appointment. Please check my blog post for pictures on the standard / upgrade packages. There are no price list given for upgrades.

You can see it here: http://toast.tw/100ltx

Enjoy :)

Back