News   May 01, 2024
 647     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 245     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 323     0 

Verdale Condos, The (Remington Group) - Real Estate -

well even if there is no ceiling light 'fixtures' provided, hopefully Remington will at least provide capped ceiling outlets in the bedrooms room as per the feature sheet (looking at this now I just realised, wow Remington was indeed silent on capped ceiling outlet in the dining room ... weird) :

features.gif

I recently swung by the design centre. It seems like they changed the standard hardwood selection. What did you guys end up choosing? I'm really not a fan of the beech, and the oak seems much too dark. I'm surprised they didn't offer a choice in maple...

I chose the dark espresso colour. It'll look nice against light carpet and furniture

We are debating which one we want to use, really dark or really light. We love the espresso color for the entire house but we fear the heavy maintenance & up keeping & the really "tiring" feel that it gives off.

Does anyone know when I could request special electrician services while the walls are being built?
i.e if I wanted wall sconce lighting in the bedroom and wanted light fixtures against the wall, can that be done afterwards by an electrician?

Speaking of electrical work, does anyone know whether the Verdale buildings are set up for the new Bell Entertainment service?

I chose the dark espresso colour. It'll look nice against light carpet and furniture

It'll probably look much better if you're in a south facing unit with lots of sunlight. I've got dark wood floors in my current house and the wood's beautiful in the south-facing rooms, but look quite a bit darker in the rooms on the other side of the house. And we have a walnut colour, which isn't even close to the darkness of the espresso. I'm thinking that the espresso will look close to black when put down. Could work with the right furniture, though.

Updates

Anyone has any new updates on Verdale G, H, I yet? how are the exterior and interior works coming along? Anyone been notified of an earlier occupancy date than the last confirmed date?

Has everyone been to their selection appointment? Any tips or approximate cost?

Does anyone happen to know if the OTR microwaves vent to the outside? I forgot to ask during our appointment.

My occupancy is November 1st and I'm a first time homebuyer. I didn't realize I need to find a lawyer pretty soon to deal with payments.

To reduce the occupancy fee, Dorothy said I could pay more on the outstanding purchase price and I would have to contact her and my lawyer to do so.

Do other Verdale owners have lawyers already and can they recommend one? I am thinking of going with Stephen Shub.

Stephen Shub's office seems like a good choice, they do lots of condo closings and does good work, plus his office is amongst one of the most affordable real estate lawyers out there

Has anyone done their inspection yet? Would love to see some photos of the finishes in place. I drove by the site a few days ago and saw some lights on in building G. I'm guessing they've started occupancy already?

Occupancy?

Hi Everyone,

I am anxious to know if anyone has start to occupy their units yet? How's the interior work? Anyone has more details about when the buildings will close as I heard that Remington has to wait until all 3 buildings' drywall and exterior service works are done before they can register the building.......does that mean those moved in now will have to pay many months of rent(occupancy fees) to Remington?:confused:

Back