News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 735     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Urban Shocker's Neighbourhood Watch

I'm on holiday next week. Hope to see one or more of the free City Room concerts:

* Tuesday Dec.11th: Joni Henson and Peter McGillivray.

* Wednesday Dec.12th: Via Salzburg with Mayumi Seiler

* Thursday Dec.13th: Percussion Ensemble - works by John Cage, Bob Becker and Henry Cowell

... and on Friday the Dinosaurs open!

Tosca

Hello AP/US -

I am going to see & hear TOSCA at the end of January and I am already gaga over just the idea. Will either of you be going? I'd love to compare notes.

TonyV

Jan.30th: DuToit conducts TSO
Feb.2nd: House of The Dead COC
Feb.7th: Jukka-Pekka* conducts TSO
Feb.9th: Tosca COC
Feb.13th: Yannick conducts TSO
Feb.15th: Yannick conducts Bach Consort

( * imagine being able to say to someone, "Honey, Pekka's my middle name ..." )

I hear that they tried, unsuccessfully, to get the TSO chorus to sing some of House of the Dead in the nude.

Jan.30th: I hear that they tried, unsuccessfully, to get the TSO chorus to sing some of House of the Dead in the nude.

Another reason to count our blessings.

Your schedule is packed, I say. Here's mine for the next little while:

Jan 17: TSO / Oundjian all Mozart
Jan 29: COC - Tosca
Feb 2 : TSO / Dutoit & Capucon brothers
Feb 5 : COC - Janacek - House of the Dead
Feb 7 : TSO / J-P Saraste, Mahler 9th (and I do miss Jukka-Pekka, never did think I would)

I might buy a ticket to hear YNS' Feb TSO program; I have a ticket for the later all-Brahms with Kovacevich.

Yes, let's do compare notes!

Was it you who did all the GUSTAV MAHLER graffiti a few months ago?

I wish I'd been the one with the imagination for it. There was a bit of it just at the bottom of my street here in central Cabbagetown.

Yes we'll see you at the Mahler; I believe I'm in nosebleed territory for that; I'll confirm before the concert and let you know.

Ah ... editing and correcting my grammar; nasty hangover you know!

I'm at Orchestra level now. I was having problems with heights.

The fear isn't that you'll fall ... but that you'll jump!:eek:

( * imagine being able to say to someone, "Honey, Pekka's my middle name ..." )

Well, I'm a Member now. :) (That took me a while, didn't it?).

I'm at Orchestra level now. I was having problems with heights.

The fear isn't that you'll fall ... but that you'll jump!:eek:

I read you. Yes. I've bought several one-off concert tickets and it started to get bit pricey so I settled for second tray for Mahler 9.

Omigod!

RJR123 has disappeared too! Doesn't he live right across the park from AP, in Spire?

Maybe there's some sort of weird Bermuda Triangle thing happening with the Cathedral?

I'm heading over there to check it out ...

If I'm not back in a month, send out a search party ...

( exits )

H*#P!!!!

+*5*#@ kno* where I a< (@ )%##& %@@ lots of b$**ht lig*t and funny l^*tle m@n w*^% bi* eyes and *%# *^++% #4@ strap**ed me do*n &$ )%>$ $)** of gurney (* ... &## @@ *>% &%@@) >% "moth@* sh*p". This one vile, gr**n, sc&%y-skin*ed loth*rio *&>ts to mak* me h^s "wom*n" or som%#i.ng. It keep* ch*@*ng me ro@nd the m*^%*r shi* &<* try*$> to ins@#t >#* le*th@ry li**le "th**g" i@ me. Hon%St*y! I ask you! Th&@'s n* w%y to tr*#t a lady!

No sign of ei*$er AP or RJR123 so f$r.

Int*$net co*n&ct*$n isn'& ver* goo^ *$ th#$ god*a* place.

I th*n@ we'r* ci&*ling over Mi**i@@auga right now. I mi^^ pl@ne* eart@ something fierce.

Back