News   Sep 04, 2024
 467     0 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 557     1 

Urban Shocker's Neighbourhood Watch

I never knew AP was the Black Barbara of Amiel, Bound Consort of the Lord of Crossharbour. One learns something new here everyday. Could AP validate this fact?

I'll pop a gently used Manolo into the mail. What's your addy?

Sorry, I don't have a mantlepiece upon which to place such an item. And I doubt it would fit me.

My big feat was changing next year's opera subscription to Saturday night ( adieu, AP! ;)). I dropped by the box office to see where Orchestra row 'T' is on the seating plan and I'm delighted - a few rows in front of the balcony overhang, not too close to the stage, and almost dead centre. Shocker can see and be seen.

I was told that all Saturday night and Sunday afternoon seats are sold out, for the whole of next season, to existing and new subscribers - even before seats go on sale to the general public.

The extraordinary success of the new house poses a dilemma for the COC - how many extra performances to add to satisfy the demand in subsequent seasons.

I also heard on the radio the other day that the live opera broadcasts from the Met in 07/08 will be shown on an additional 40 movie house screens in Canada.

Apparently there will 100 screens showing the Met Opera in Canada - and 400 in the United Sates. So, they have 9 times our population, but only 4 times our opera aficionados. Oh, plus the people seeing it live. 4.5 times. Still, that makes us twice as opera happy as they are. This calls for some smug Canada-US comparisons.

Back