News   Jul 29, 2024
 630     1 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 315     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 618     0 

Urban Shocker's Neighbourhood Watch

The St.James condo sounds like quite the place: pyromaniacs in the terraces above, and people assembling pigeon-shredding traps on the balconies down below.

And that's not all - there are the Porche Twinks, and the daschund people, and the random night concierges who arrive occassionally looking like they've just stepped out of a Kristen Bjorn video, only to leave just just as unexpectedly. It's the world writ small, I tells ya.

Actually, ap, after I'd stopped off to purchase some delicious comestibles in that fine Dominion supermarket near you - a week or so ago - I heard a terrible and mysterious smashing sound on one of the balconies in your building as I waited for my gilt state coach on wheels to spirit me home to the Summer Palace. A man in shorts was crouching intently on his balcony, apparently busy about something seemingly rather untoward. I now like to think it was you in your War Against The Pigeons.

I had my own war - a War Against The Squirrels - in my own back garden in the mid-1990's ( I can reveal no more, save to say that I won ), so I share your sense of outrage at the winged and furry forces of Nature.

I heard that a doorman/concierge in Ed's building won the lottery a few years ago and told several of the owners who were bossing him around during his last week there to fuck right off.

Then you've begat a Perrier-smashing imitator, who vogues your style when you're away. Another grotesque to add to the St.James condo hall of fame.

REILLY+BORING+copy.jpg

Actually, more in a context-appropriate RIP spirit than a judgment of this thread. (Hey, *he'd* participate...)

So, adma, I see the COC had 99% attendance last season. They doubled their ticket-related revenues over the previous year.

Coming over to the dark side and buying a subscription for 07/08?

There was excessive coverage of it in the Globe this morning. I have no interest in someones collection of old typewriters.

I have a portable Olivetti Underwood in a carrying case - the mid-1960's Lettera I believe. Such a lovely design.

Maybe she'll go back to writing her columns here and there. It's always fun to hear the musings of someone caught in the wrong century.

Back