News   Sep 05, 2024
 376     0 
News   Sep 05, 2024
 655     0 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 806     0 

Urban Shocker's Neighbourhood Watch

Re: >Re: Speawuw and Magwic Helmet

One of your countrymen, from down east - Newfoundland or somewhere - I believe.

One of my coworkers announced today that she hasn't liked him since he was in the ensemble studio...

I haven't been to any of the Ensemble productions. I'm not sure I could tear myself away from the new place, having tried Rings 3, 4, 5, and the Orchestra - where everything sounds so beautiful when the singers and orchestra are on.

Yannick and baritone Alexander Dobson were perfect together on Saturday night at the Heliconian Hall doing Die Winterreise - perfectly chilling entertainment for a perfectly chilly night. Full house too - about a hundred - with quite a few COC faces, including Brett Polegato who sat in front of me. And only $20.

I think I'll wear my ankle-length wooly sweater to Lady Macbeth - the closest thing to an actual gown I've worn to the opera so far.

Oh, and you should see the Costume National jeans I found on Boxing Day. They never would have been hugging my curves at full price, but boy do they fit nicely for 75% off!

frugal 42

My mammoth wooly is the same colour as the opera house exterior - and almost as large, entirely pippypoo-free, and an expression of volume and minimalism.

I forgot to mention that I took myself to a reception last night to mark the 175th anniversary of the opening of Osgoode Hall. The Archives of Ontario has done a website with lots of Cumberland & Storms drawing for Convocation Hall and other bits of the building; the Law Society has created an exhibition about the lawns and gardens which has lots of interesting bits about how the city grew and expanded and tried to take away the fence and the lawn & gardens more times than you can count. It's inside Osgoode Hall, in the exhibition space outside the Men's Robing Room and in the corridor outside the Discipline Hearing Room.

How interesting. I'll be sure to take a look.

Are the Law Society strong disciplinarians?

I'm a good boy, so I can't say.

"I'm a good girl, I am!"

And with that, another My Fair Lady reference.

ap: I see that the TSO is doing one of your favourites - Vaughan Williams's Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis - next season. ( this November 15th and 17th ). The National Ballet danced to it last year in Kudelka's There, below.

I hope your loading dock is pretty enough to satisfy those who demand such things.

Re: More Opera for Cinplex...

Thanks Darkstar. Your operaqueen training wheels are now fully functional. Off you go ...

Meanwhile, in TSO land, I see that my ( other ) man Yannick is conducting two different concerts next season - one to celebrate my birthday.

My loading dock is covered at all times, but glimpses of my City Room are to be had occasionally - when the mammoth wooly parts at the front as I peregrinate.

The '80's were really hot for Japanese clothing designers, but "fashion" is the least of my concerns - much as "architecture" has little appeal to me.

Back