News   May 21, 2024
 103     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 238     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.3K     5 

TTC Website

I absolutely love the new beta website, I can whiz around on there very quickly, I like the amount of text and I find it 1000% more accessible than the old one, much more info, I like making each station page a little hub for itself, I just wish there were maps of each station and surrounding area as well, I'm going to send the link out to the blind community and see if anyone will test it with JAWS and ZOOMTEXT, to see if anyone finds flaws....

New Ttc Webpage

Go

http://beta.ttc.ca/

See the new TTC Webpage. Beta. Is it me, or does the site look like something from 1992? Can't they hire a web designer? There are thousands running around the city.

Royal Ontario Museum

100 Queen's Park, Toronto

Directions: From St George subway station proceed east on Bloor Street to the museum.

Just throwing this out there, TTC, but maybe one could also get out at the station that's called "Museum." You know, in case that doesn't make too much sense.

TTC can make money with their web site

The station page should have a local map link. They could sell ads to have the store names and links added to the local map. They can leave out the gas stations and parking lots, since they're competition.

Just throwing this out there, TTC, but maybe one could also get out at the station that's called "Museum." You know, in case that doesn't make too much sense.

LOL

I have to say I'm pretty unimpressed with the beta site, it looks more like a personal blog. Though it is an improvement over the old site (anything would be :p).

I'll hold my final judgement until the final website is up.

I absolutely love the new beta website, I can whiz around on there very quickly, I like the amount of text and I find it 1000% more accessible than the old one, much more info, I like making each station page a little hub for itself, I just wish there were maps of each station and surrounding area as well, I'm going to send the link out to the blind community and see if anyone will test it with JAWS and ZOOMTEXT, to see if anyone finds flaws....

I hope it does better than the Metrolinx website (one of the few times Joe Clark made me laugh was his scathing reviews of the websites, especially when he posted the JAWS read-back).

Actually the ROM's own website also recommends getting off at St. George. This predates the TTC's beta site.

http://www.rom.on.ca/visit/location.php

St. George is just as close, if not closer, to the new entrance. And lot easier to give directions to, as it's on both downtown subway lines.

I wonder if the TTC could develop a "fan site" devoted to technical and historical information that transit fans would like. The TTC can even offer "official" desktop wallpapers, screensavers, ringtones, etc. for download.

I would love my cell to ring like the chime when the subway doors are aboout to close

Back